Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A

Some one on here might like this and I think it is priced fairly

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Thunder-I-A-1A-Active-Bass-UK-SELLER-/111139617981?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19e06ffcbd"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Thunder-I-A-1A-Active-Bass-UK-SELLER-/111139617981?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19e06ffcbd[/url]

Good shout, I saw that earlier and thought, sound price for a tidy bass, great players...they are still (maybe always be?) crimially underpriced for what they are. They also don't seem to have the pup and Amp probs of the Aria SB of this vintage.

I owned the same model but in natural, I think the black ones look far better.

Edited by iconic

Hmm, tempting. The first decent bass I owned was a Thunder 1A, but mine was the one with the Precision style "split" pickup. Great action and tone, although it was surprisingly heavy. Traded it as a deposit on my first Stingray, but it would be nice to get another one for the nostalgia.

I considered buying that one, but was concerned about the seller's description of it's "medium" action, which of course actually probably means that it is criminally high, and needs to be to avoid fret buzz.
It's also a Korean one, which IME is not as high build quality as the MIJ ones.
I currently have a MIJ Westone SPectrum with the same pickup and layout, though, so I can certainly confirm the punch and tonefullness of it.