Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM Mini 48 cab- SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Etienne

[attachment=9598:Ashdown_angle.JPG]I bought this a couple of years ago on Ebay to partner up with my other early Mini 48- gigged together, they made a tiny 1200WRMS 8x8 that could cut right through my old blues/rock band's twin guitars no problem! However, since I finally managed to track down an early ABM Mini 15 this year and prefer the extra low-end, I have no need for this anymore...

It's a 2003 model (going by the serial number), which means it's the early, 'stealth' design (black rectangular carry handles either side, black-finished metal corners, and plain black grille with little Ashdown logo badge) It has both 1/4" jack & Speakon inputs. 600W RMS @ 8ohms, weighs about 30 Kenny G's, but easy to pick up and carry!

Functionally, it's in great shape- sounds clear and punchy like it should. The only very minor gripe is the jack socket needs re-tightening every once in a while, as the plastic fastening nut eventually works loose with repeated plugging & unplugging- an easy fix though and doesn't affect the sound one bit! I always used the Speakon input anyway...

Cosmetically, it gets 9/10. it's seen a few gigs, but is actually pretty tidy. There are just a few small nicks and minor scuffs in the vinyl covering here and there, and... that's it really!

I'm looking for £150 for this, or I may swap for an A1 condition, boxed Sansamp BDDI (preferably the current model with the extra switching). Sorry, no offers!

I'm based just south of Liverpool city centre, and I seriously encourage interested parties to come and try this out in person. Sorry, but I won't post this due to the weight, and also because I don't trust couriers! However, I am prepared to
deliver this within a reasonable distance (say, 50 miles) if my diesel costs are covered... better budget for an extra £150 in that case! :)

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Etienne

oh man if only it would be closer - i have sansamp - its not mint but still very very good condition and i would paid you 50 quid. I'm in Cardiff but i [u]might[/u] be in Liverpool in July (maybe we will be playing gig there).

[quote name='fifeq' post='218034' date='Jun 12 2008, 11:59 PM']oh man if only it would be closer - i have sansamp - its not mint but still very very good condition and i would paid you 50 quid. I'm in Cardiff but i [u]might[/u] be in Liverpool in July (maybe we will be playing gig there).[/quote]

Thanks for the interest guys!

To Ben: I'm pretty sure that I won't be posting this, UNLESS absolutely no-one bites in the next month! Somebody PM'ed me about 2hrs ago asking if they can try it out tomorrow morning, so I'll see how that goes...

To Fifeq: If your gig's on next month and the cab still hasn't sold by then, please PM me.
BTW, please clarify- did you mean you'd trade me your Sansamp PLUS £50 for the cab, OR did you mean you'd trade me the Sansamp ONLY and pay me £50 for diesel?

Thanks again!

[quote name='Etienne' post='218741' date='Jun 14 2008, 10:32 AM']SOLD, PAID FOR AND COLLECTED!!! And all by 10.15am! Thanks Phil, hope you enjoy using it on your gig this afternoon...
Thanks again to all potential buyers!

Etienne :)[/quote]Did you sell it to a guy from Wallasey?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='218775' date='Jun 14 2008, 11:34 AM']Did you sell it to a guy from Wallasey?[/quote]
I certainly did! He seemed like a nice fellow too, hope he enjoyed his double dose of Mini 48 goodness (already owns one of 'em) on the gig he was heading to... :)