Why become a member? ×

Wizard pickups closes

Thunderbird

They seem to scoop some mids, and make both the top and bottom end have more clarity. Re this, is the aim to make them a bit 70s Precision sounding, as I find my 78 Precision also has a more scooped sound than other Precisions I`ve had.

• 4 weeks later...

I got some '74s from Hot Rod for my J&D and they are absolutely fabulous and the service was spot on. The pickups are right up there with Aeros or Fralins and as a bonus they're British. I try to buy British wherever possible and practical; we need to support niche UK businesses that do great quality and offer good service.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1418143664' post='2627323']
More nice sounds there - can`t wait til my Thumper arrives, am sooooo looking forward to getting it in my backup Precision.
[/quote]

Well I`ve not tried it in a band setting yet, but certainly at home use my impressions are very favourable. It`s doing exactly what I wanted so all good there.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1420240667' post='2647197']
I got some '74s from Hot Rod for my J&D and they are absolutely fabulous and the service was spot on. The pickups are right up there with Aeros or Fralins and as a bonus they're British. I try to buy British wherever possible and practical; we need to support niche UK businesses that do great quality and offer good service.
[/quote]

Here here. Support the people that deserve it due to excellent work and service - and produce local product.
I have far less options for affordable pickup makers in Ireland. I need to look into that. As it is I've tried [url="http://creamery-pickups.co.uk"]creamery-pickups.co.uk [/url]and they've a great rep.
make a mean Jazz pickup.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1420242420' post='2647209']
Well I`ve not tried it in a band setting yet, but certainly at home use my impressions are very favourable. It`s doing exactly what I wanted so all good there.
[/quote]
Great stuff. I may need to try a thumper in the future.

• 1 month later...