Why become a member? ×

Posted for seller reasonableness

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BASS-Guitar-Westone-Thunder-Classic-/111139499046?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19e06e2c26"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19e06e2c26[/url]

Nothing particularly special here, but posted because I think the seller sounds like a cool dude or dudette. And they've even started with a low starting bid so that it a guaranteed sale.

EDIT: Arrgghhh!!!! Of course after I post I see the bit down the bottom where he disclaims responsibility if the bass is damaged in the post.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1375985088' post='2168334']

EDIT: Arrgghhh!!!! Of course after I post I see the bit down the bottom where he disclaims responsibility if the bass is damaged in the post.
[/quote]

He wont post himself, he does not mind if the buyer sorts the courier. Whoever organises the courier bears the responsibility in case of lost/damages.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1375989702' post='2168402']
He wont post himself, he does not mind if the buyer sorts the courier. Whoever organises the courier bears the responsibility in case of lost/damages.
[/quote]

I'm not sure this is how ebay's procedures work. As far as I'm aware, if the bass arrives in pieces, the buyer will be able to start and most likely win a SNAD appeal. Are there examples of ebay siding with the seller in a situation like this?

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1375995293' post='2168491']
I'm not sure this is how ebay's procedures work. As far as I'm aware, if the bass arrives in pieces, the buyer will be able to start and most likely win a SNAD appeal. Are there examples of ebay siding with the seller in a situation like this?
[/quote]

If buyer arrqanges pickup, and it goes through the ebay system like that, is buyers responsibility. They collected.

I arranged carriage for an item which was damaged due to really poor packaging. The seller insisted I should claim from the carrier even thought he was obviously at fault. I won my claim through eBay, got my money back and kept the goods.