Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 - Matching Headstock - Birdseye *SOLD*
£850

Rumple

The story is I picked this up last week in a trade, I do love a SR5 and it's been fun playing it over the weekend but realistically I don't need 2 (I'm not parting with my teal '96) and my Firecreek custom build will be finished in a couple of months so this should really be moved on.

According to the web it is a 2000 model, has a lovely birdseye maple neck and has the extra cost matching headstock.

Over all it's in very good condition with the exception of a couple or 3 dings and a bit of string wear on the top of the pup, no buckle rash.

9.6lbs on the bathroom scales.

It's set up with very low action, ideal for effortless playing, if I was keeping it I'd probably raise it a tad but that's just my preference.

£850.00 collected from South London.

It comes with a sturdy fully working but old non original hard case so delivery by courier is possible.

I'd rather sell this outright but would possibly consider a trade against a nice looking 5 string Jazz type bass (34" scale with 17-18mm string spacing only) or a pre 74 Fender Jazz with cash adjustments either way.

I'm a bit low on Basschat upload space so if you want more pics or bigger ones PM me and I'll sort them out for you.

[attachment=140877:P1000961 lr.jpg] [attachment=140878:P1000962 lr.jpg] [attachment=140879:P1000964 lr.jpg] [attachment=140880:P1000967 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1375831301' post='2166369']
Nice bass, If you fancy a US made SVT Classic: 9/10 with new (less than 10hrs use... EH power tubes and a soft cover)... got to ask...
[/quote]

Thanks but I'm all sorted for amps and cabs, I'm really after a sale if at all possible but a Fender style 5 string or a vintage Fender Jazz might tempt me to trade.