Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha TRB-4P £425 SOLD
£425

Bassclef

Yamaha TRB-4P in dark teal finish.

This was one of Yamaha's top basses from the 90s. A very well-constructed model featuring through neck, active electronics and gold-plated hardware including Schaller strap locks.

What really makes this bass stand out is the piezo pickup built into each bridge saddle. You can get an awesome range of sounds from the TRB. Control knobs are for volume, pan, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost and piezo blend. The flick switch is labelled "low cut" and I think it affects the frequencies through the piezo.

I had been looking for one of these for ages and bought this for £750 on eBay recently. It is in near-mint condition and I can only find one light surface scratch on the neck near fret 8 and a small ding on the back of the body.

So why am I selling it so cheap? Well unfortunately I find the action is a bit buzzy. I have tried adjusting it and it's not [i]too[/i] bad. Some days I play the thing and think "Wow, this is great", other days it pisses me off. Maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but it certainly doesn't play as well as my Aria SBs. Most folk could probably live with it. If you took this bass to a luthier for some work on the frets you would end up with a top-class bass but I can't afford that just now.

The other reason I'm selling is I'm now involved in a punk/New Wave tribute band so I may be looking for something a bit more in tune with the era, eg a black Precision. Perish the thought!

Obviously I would prefer potential buyers to try this bass out, but I will make a video for anyone who is seriously interested.

£425 delivered within UK, comes with Yamaha's own flight case.

Edited by Bassclef

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1375707377' post='2164503']
Been looking for one of these myself.
Any idea on the weight?
[/quote]

4 kg showing on my rather low-tech Aldi luggage scale. It's certainly not a heavy instrument.