Why become a member? ×

GONE!

iamtheelvy

Hi all,
Struggling with this one... My parents are moving out of the family home back up in Surrey, long term home of the bass I learnt to play on - an old black Encore Precision copy. I just don't have space in my flat for a bass that, in all honesty, I won't use. Want this to go to a good home. It's used (read faded, bashed and scraped up), but study, solid and sounds good, excellent for a beginner!

I don't really want to lose this one, but its taking up space, and I'm not going to get a lot of money for it if I do try to sell! Starting off yourself, or got a younger sibling wanting to start?

Help me know that this is passing on to someone that will love it as much as I have! This was played so much that the P-pickup has a curve worn into the top that still fits my thumb perfectly! No case or bag anymore, so local (Portsmouth) collection only please!

Edited by iamtheelvy

Ha, ironically nearly two grands worth of Ricky is well on it's way towards a second, maybe third modification, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it to this bass!

Besides, a Jazz and MM already hold the postions of backup/alternative bass...

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1375377977' post='2160567']
hey matey,

I don't need it, but if you want the space, I'll happily take it to free up space until someone wants it. In the mean time I'll give it a set up and a clean.
[/quote] Hey Jim, could you store it for me ? ...Maybe I could get Len to pick it up when he drops off madame purple down south?