Why become a member? ×

** SOLD** Jaydee Roadie Bass circa 1981 For Sale
£600

Sofistifunk

Hi,

This is a relisting, I previously tried to sale this bass before, a couple of years back. So, thought I would test the water again and see if there are any buyers out.

Here's the story.

I've had my Jaydee Roadie since about 1987-8, can't quite remember exactly when I bought it but it was about then from Musical Exchange in Birmingham, traded it for a odd Jaydee fretless headless boxbass!!!, a compressor and flanger pedal.

When I bought it someone had done a bit of a hatchet job on the back pickup and replaced the Jaydee pickup with a Reflex pickup. I struggled along with this set-up for a while as I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired at the time. Eventually, the pick-up gave out and I played with just the one pick-up.

I started gigging again in 2008, so I thought it was about time that I got it restored to it's former glory, so in March 2008, I took it into John Diggins workshop in Birmingham to have it restored. He replaced the pick-up, installed the active circuitry and gave the bass a full service - all for £160, great value for money!

Moving on, in 2009 I bought a Musicman Bass and unfortunately my Jaydee was relegated to being a back up bass. Sadly, I rarely play it and it only gets used these days for those occasions when I fancy jam with the odd Level 42 track in my bedroom.

I believe this is a Series 1 Roadie and its serial number 01064 would make it 1981 model.

As you can see it's in pretty good condition for a guitar that is 30 years old and has been gigged. Most of the nicks and dings perpertrated by the previous owner, but I've probably added one or two over the years.

I'm looking for around £600ono. I think this is a reasonable price for such a fine instrument.

Ideally, I would prefer someone to collect it. But, I can probably arrange to have it delivered, if we can make arrangements for payment.

Photos attached, any questions get in touch.

Edited by Sofistifunk