Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2500 Now SOLD to Noisedude!

yorks5stringer

Now I have a natural Tribute I am looking to move on my Amber one to a good home.

It's a Korean one and the amber is just a stain so you can see the swamp ash through it (the solid coloured ones are basswood)

It's around 6 months old and I bought it on this site early this year.

Condition is 9/10, there is a very slight dint on the neck as per the second photo, only just noticed it when photographing it. It actually looks worse than it is!

It has a wide variety of sounds as described in the review section and quite a decent B string too.

I'm looking for around £350 and I'll throw in a Tribal Planet gig bag in new condition at that price.

If it has not sold by the end of June it can be viewed ( and played) at the Yorkshire Bash Bash on Sunday 29th at the Copper Beech Club Baildon.

Edited by yorks5stringer

If it's any help to a prospective buyer, the quality of these Tributes is so good, they're my number 1 gigging bass of choice at the moment. And I own a MM Stingray and a MIA Precision (oh, it says that below...doh!). They've got loads of attack and presence, the build quality is first rate and they're light too. The woods aren't as good as an American but then what you lose in grain, you save in weight. Bad back, anyone?

Worth the money for the electrics alone. Then there's the bridge which is better than a BadAss etc etc...

[quote name='bassjamm' post='214706' date='Jun 8 2008, 02:13 AM']Hi

What's the scale length and string spacing at the bridge please?

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]

Hi Jamie

Scale length is 34", neck radius 12", 17.5mm at the bridge and the neck at the nut is 1.75".

If you go on the G&L forum on T*lkbass there's lots more info to be found!

Keith

PS Weight is subjective, if it is well balanced it feels fine, I've never noticed it being "heavy" but there again I once had a Jaydee!.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

I've played this bass and I know Keith. To any prospective buyers:

1) You need have no worries about buying from Keith, he's a super bloke.

2) This bass is great, not too heavy and in better nick than Keith says. Very full and powerful sound :)

Joe.

[quote name='Toasted' post='215249' date='Jun 9 2008, 09:46 AM']I've played this bass and I know Keith. To any prospective buyers:

1) You need have no worries about buying from Keith, he's a super bloke.

2) This bass is great, not too heavy and in better nick than Keith says. Very full and powerful sound :)

Joe.[/quote]
You're right on both counts and I'm a happy bunny getting started on the road to 5-string mastery (get back to me in 50 years).