Why become a member? ×

July Composition Competition

charic

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1374620491' post='2151127']Nice, i like It has very 'cool' feel to it the production and mix sounds nice what do you record with?[/quote]
Cheers James! I produce using [url="http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/"]Reason[/url]. It's a slightly oddball DAW, but it suits me just fine :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1374624041' post='2151159']Love that meaty bass sound and the whole vibe of the thing. Without even reading your post, I was immediately thinking of the grungey back-street gangs and the kind of mischief they get up to. It serves it's purpose well! Well done Paul and Rob![/quote]
Thanks Milty! It was good working with Rob on this one. We were aiming for something heavy and grungy... good to hear that you picked up on what we had in mind :)

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1374659524' post='2151341']It really works. Well done. It sounds awesome.[/quote]
Thanks. And good to know it sounds ok too... I'm never certain about the end result when mixing on headphones - it's always a 'best guess' - but I'm hopefully getting better at guessing!

[b]>>> NEWSFLASH <<<[/b]

Charic has asked me to act as 'caretaker' and launch this month's voting on the Composition Challenge (he's busy moving house and struggling with Internet access).

I'll be posted up the voting thread later this evening around 10pm. If anyone is still working on something then please PM me in the meantime and I'll happily hang on until you're finished - or alternatively I can add late entries once the voting is up.

Cheers :)

Bloody hell !!!!
I've been following & voting every month but this month ......erm wow !

Everyone's entries are outstanding, I dont know who to vote for.

Well done guys, the game has been raised to such a level that, I dont think I can put into words how good you guys have got.

• 1 month later...