Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!: Stagg Electric Upright Bass- As new condition

It is a really nice metallic red colour and comes complete with gigbag and rests. They seem a bit hard to get hold of at the moment but from what I have read and hear, are very decent instruments and excellent value for money. I know a number of Basschatters who have got one of these recently and rave about them.

Here are a few specs:

Stagg EDB-3/4- Double Bass with Gig Bag - 3/4 Size

Solid maple construction
State of the art electronics specially designed for 1/8" stereo mini jack input for cd/mp3 player
1/8" stereo mini jack output for headphones
Machine heads: p-bass style, diecast, nickel
3/4 model
Red

I don't have any photos at the moment (they seem difficult things to get telling pictures of!!) but will do if people want them. It really is spotless, so I' looking to sell it for what I bought it for (£275). So, now's a good chance to get an As New insttument for a decent price without the waiting!!

Alternatively, if anyone is willing I'd P/X it for a Fender USA P Bass with maple neck plus cash. Yeah, I know but I simply can't live without a P bass under the same roof as me!!

If anyone wants this, I'd really want to do it as a pick up from Woking or a meet half-way. I will post, but it may be quite dear (i'm sure we can work something out!!)

Anyway, thanks for looking. This really is a good little instrument and I think a good deal too :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

I'd be really interested if I can sell my Peavey Cirrus 4 string which is for sale on here....unashamed plug :) Unless you are interested in a trade plus a few sheckles in your pocket?? Probably not...hehehehehe. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting rid of it though...so good luck

Edited by Wooks

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='214764' date='Jun 8 2008, 10:25 AM']Can I buy it in the old fashioned home catalogue style of £5.29 per week over 52 weeks? (Currently a bit skint) :)[/quote]

LOL. From what I remember about the old catalogues (apart from the Lingerie section :huh:) it would have been more like £11.80 over £52 weeks!!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='214771' date='Jun 8 2008, 10:29 AM']LOL. From what I remember about the old catalogues (apart from the Lingerie section :huh:) it would have been more like £11.80 over £52 weeks!![/quote]
Darn it......you spotted the obvious omission of the 2000% interest rate. Ah well, worth a try :)

I may have missread this thread but are you looking to P/X this fine example of Chinese instrument innovation for some underwear pictures from the Littlewoods catalogue? Male or female?

If not, have a bump ..

:)

[quote name='OldGit' post='215840' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:44 PM']I may have missread this thread but are you looking to P/X this fine example of Chinese instrument innovation for some underwear pictures from the Littlewoods catalogue? Male or female?

If not, have a bump ..

:huh:[/quote]

Ummmm, feeling the heat Si? :)

Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be JUST Littlewoods. It does have to be female though :huh:

I can't believe that this is still for sale, with the amount of activity on the Stagg forum within BC. It must be the state of things out there cos I still can't shift my Cirrus 4 string. If I could I would be contemplating making you an offer. I'm just learning to play bass but my tutor also teaches Double bass too and I had a DB lesson which was so much fun. So I would love to get a Stagg to learn DB too, but i can't afford it at the mo. So have a bump on me!! :)

Edited by Wooks

• 3 weeks later...

It's mine! First sale (which had pipped my offer to the post) fell through so I got to go and meet Nick, talk bass and come away with a shiny red Stagg EUB. It looks exactly the same shade of red as the Hohner B2A I sold earlier this month, which provided a good chunk of the finances... I'm obviously meant to have a red bass in my collection at all times.

Thanks Nick!

Wulf

[quote name='wulf' post='228435' date='Jun 28 2008, 09:23 AM']It's mine! First sale (which had pipped my offer to the post) fell through so I got to go and meet Nick, talk bass and come away with a shiny red Stagg EUB. It looks exactly the same shade of red as the Hohner B2A I sold earlier this month, which provided a good chunk of the finances... I'm obviously meant to have a red bass in my collection at all times.

Thanks Nick!

Wulf[/quote]

And it couldn't have gone to a better home. Really nice to meet you Wulf and great to talk bass too with someone so knowledgable.

Cheers

Nick