Why become a member? ×

Flags/ concrete/ decking/ grass and soil.

Colonel36

When I'm looking to buy a bass, I can't stand to see it displayed as If it were just an old pitchfork or garden spade.

I don't want it to have soil or grass on it and looking like it's going to be scratched from being laid across some old decking. I like it looking as though someone cares about it. Someone that cares that it doesn't get scratched or just laid down on a flag, leaning against an old shed.
When parting with cash, I like , the seller to show me they care.
There's one guy on here that displays his guitars, that he sells, superbly on a stand and soft sheets with fabulous photo's. Now he's a guy I'd buy from, not someone that could have just turned a sod over with his old Fender. :(

Is it me :shok:

[quote name='Colonel36' timestamp='1372517783' post='2126715']
When I'm looking to buy a bass, I can't stand to see it displayed as If it were just an old pitchfork or garden spade.

I don't want it to have soil or grass on it and looking like it's going to be scratched from being laid across some old decking. I like it looking as though someone cares about it. Someone that cares that it doesn't get scratched or just laid down on a flag, leaning against an old shed.
There's one guy on here that displays his guitars, that he sells, superbly on a stand and soft sheets with fabulous photo's. Now he's a guy I'd buy from, not someone that could have just turned a sod over with his old Fender. :(

[/quote]
That's a great post that really made me laugh.

As i stagger home from the pub at closing time tonight i will be peering into every garden i pass in the hope that i'll see a boutique bass with quilted maple top leaning up against an old creosoted shed or laying on some old decking put down when the Ground Force team visited some years ago. :D

I clicked on this thread hoping to learn something about some hitherto - unknown Seventies supergroup called Flags , Concrete , Decking and Soil , you know , like Crosby , Stills , Nash and Young , or Emerson , Lake and Palmer . I was mistaken . But you are quite right , the garden is no place for a bass . Unless you playing Glastonbury . And even then , I'd only take a cheap one .

When I'm looking to buy a bass, . . . . ..

[/quote]

Yes, of course it's you - but when it comes to spending your own hard earned folding stuff then you're the only person who really matters and you can decide whatever you like and dislike.

Your money, your choice.

I wouldn't worry about it - though don't discount the possibility that a bass photographed for sale on a bed of satin sheets and perfumed rose petals has not previously been used to dig over the veg patch when there were no cameras about. ;)

[/quote]

Most Fenders are only good enough for turning the odd sod over I've found. :ph34r:

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1372529586' post='2126923']
Most Fenders are only good enough for turning the odd sod over I've found. :ph34r:
[/quote]
Hoi! I'll let you know when I want turning over - thank you :D