Why become a member? ×

Jazz Session Band iPhone and iPad app

geoffgascoyne

Hello friends

I am pleased to announce that my new iPhone / iPad app has just been released on the Apple iTunes app store.

Jazz Session Band is the world's first chord-based audio loop app which allows the user to create high quality copyright free music wherever they are and whatever their level of ability.

You simply input your own chords from a choice of 10 Jazz chord variations in any key (thats a choice of 120 chords) in any one of 15 popular jazz styles (from ballad, 12/8, various swing tempi, 3/4, bossa, shuffle, fast latin, afro jazz) and watch the chords instantly convert to great sounding audio.

The musicians that feature are;
Ralph Salmins - drums
Tom Cawley - piano
Geoff Gascoyne - acoustic bass
Andy Panayi - saxophones and flutes

Have a look at the youtube movies

http://youtu.be/YWvA4TjTI18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTVCwLAC_v8&feature=em-upload_owner#action=share

"This is an extraordinarily useful tool for jazz musicians of any ability, from the very beginner to the gigging professional. It offers an absolutely brilliant way to practice and write. If you are an improvising musician this is quite frankly essential."

Jamie Cullum

buy it at the iTunes app store now

Best wishes

Geoff

Nice one Geoff! It looks brilliant. I'm not a fan of most jazz I've heard, but since I've just started taking theory lessons after many years of playing, I'm going to have your app so I can practice the theory I'm learning against chord changes, particularly walking bass, I can see it being incredibly useful, thank you!

Had a quick go whilst waiting for tardy students and managed to get it playing Autumn Leaves but then had a devil of a time getting it to stop. I couldn't exit the programme I was in to go onto anything else. This is on an iphone, so maybe it's better on a tablet. I had to switch the phone off in the end. I probably need to set some time aside to learn how to use it. Trouble is, that's time I could spend practising ...

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1372341890' post='2124555']
Had a quick go whilst waiting for tardy students and managed to get it playing Autumn Leaves but then had a devil of a time getting it to stop. I couldn't exit the programme I was in to go onto anything else. This is on an iphone, so maybe it's better on a tablet. I had to switch the phone off in the end. I probably need to set some time aside to learn how to use it. Trouble is, that's time I could spend practising ...
[/quote]

Same thing happened to me .

I bought the original on the strength of the Jazz version. Bit miffed as the original version doesn't work with Audiobus.
Hey ho, hopefully they'll update it to make it compatible.

It's brilliant, just tapped in a relative minor workout for walking bass in all 24 keys, it's bloody good, it's takes a few goes to get the interface but it really is good. And it has a contextual manual.

My only pisser is that if you apply a new style to your composition, it forgets your mixer settings. Still, it's massively useful as a learning tool. And I really don't like most jazz. But playing along to it is brilliant. Totally recommend it.

Thanks sooo much! It's bloody brilliant, and maybe the most inspiring app I have.
Yesterday evening I was Geoff Gascoyne!
Sadly, Geoff could hardly play yesterday evening, but that's just a minor quirk of the software, I guess. ;-)

best,
bert