Why become a member? ×

"Electric Lady"; American Deluxe Jazz

gsgbass

I've had a few basses in 44 years of playing, but none of them grabs me like this American Deluxe Jazz does. The sound is incredible. The body looks to be a single board of Alder. The Rosewood fretboard is a good selection.
I had no issues with changing the Fender [left]USA Super Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges), to the D'Addario ETB92 Nylon Tapewound strings I use. The [/left][color=#333333][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif][left]N3 Noiseless Single-Coil Jazz Bass pups are fine, no humming problems either. A well finished bass.[/left][/font][/color]

Edited by gsgbass

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1372517426' post='2126709']
Beautiful bass. Does this one have the passive option?. I have a Fender custom shop version of this coming my way, but it does not have a passive option.
[/quote]

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Thanks, it doesn't look to bad. Yes, it has the passive option. The passive/active toggle is below the third knob. That third center knob controls the active treble, and the lower bottom knob controls the active bass tone.

Edited by gsgbass

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1372993575' post='2132596']
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Thanks, it doesn't look to bad. Yes, it has the passive option. The passive/active toggle is below the third knob. That third center knob controls the active treble, and the lower bottom knob controls the active bass tone.
[/quote]

I would like to fit the active/passive to mine. If by any chance you have any info on that modification I would be grateful

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1373027736' post='2132930']
I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now as I'm a sucker for blocks and binding.
I really like the look of yours and it clearly sounds as good as it looks. I also quite like the black and maple version.
Could I ask where you bought it from?
[/quote]

I picked up at a local Guitar Center, in Coconut Creek, FL. The sales rep. I work with there is Russ. A super good guy that knows money doesn't grow on trees. My GK MB210-ll Combo amp is from there also. The Am. Dlx. does sound great, but American Standard Fenders are a great series too. I was going to go with an Am. Std. Jazz, until I saw the Alder on my "Electric Lady", Am. Dlx. Jazz. Another reason I went with the Am. Dlx., the bone nut is cut almost identical to my Nylon strings,
[left] (.050 .065, .085, .105 Gauges). The G string is factory .45, I use a .50 G string. Close enough. Factory strings on it were the[/left]
[left][color=#333333][font=open_sansregular, sans-serif]Fender® USA Super Bass 7250M, NPS (.045 .065, .085, .105 Gauges)[/font][/color][/left]

Edited by gsgbass