Why become a member? ×

Boss PS-3

john_the_bass

What do you do with your Boss PS-3?
I've got one on loan because of how many good things I've heard about them but I can't find a use for it - it doesn't really seem to do anything that I like the sound of. Any suggestions (selling or giving it to you doesn't count as a suggestion, nor does anything else which results in either myself or the owner no longer having possession of it, before anybody thinks that one up)

[quote name='johnnylager' post='213881' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:31 PM']Shift pitch?

*Gets coat :) *[/quote]

haha

But to to OP, try to find a song which uses a phase shifter and see if you can incorporate it into a set list.

I suppose you would need an exp pedal to take advantage of any whammy-like features. Otherwise, it make for a decent harmoniser (only tried it in the shop). You can use the hamonies for a more synthy tone than if you played them. There's a lot of hype about them, but there is about most discontinued boss pedals.

I'll have a proper play around with it, but I just couldn't find a place for it in the band's songs. Maybe if this band were doing covers, I could encourage them to work on a song that used one, but I tried using it last night on a few of my bass parts and couldn't gel with it.

Lovely pedal. One of the best Boss have made IMO, though its not an immediately practical pedal.

I guess you really just need to give it some time and try and pry out the tones and sounds youre interested in.

Though I have to mention, I would love to buy it if it goes for sale. Seriously.