1980s GUILD PILOT SB-602 - On Hold
£499

BetaFunk

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1372086897' post='2121380']
Jerry Peek-tastic!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73qJPLZxNi0[/media]
[/quote]
Brilliant stuff.

Just goes to show what you can do with a Guild Pilot when it's in the right hands!!!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1376839307' post='2179750']
Bump for a bargain U.S.A. made bass.

P.S. Feel free to pm me asking for details which i will send you then don't reply to me as you won't be alone. :D
[/quote] I know that feeling its bloody annoying innit? but oh well such is life I guess

• 1 month later...

For anybody too young ( or too senile) to remember , back in the mid-1980's these were one of [u][i]the[/i][/u] basses to own . They were a very popular choice for pro players in the States , where these basses were a big hit as soon as they came out , probably because they were such a versatile and comfortable design . Loads of famous players of the day used them , such as Tom Hamilton from Aerosmith, the geezer from Bon Jovi , Jaco Pastorius ( he was featured in a magazine ad playing a fretless one ) and most notably Darryl Jones when he was playing with Sting . If you look at these basses closely , they are a compact , scaled -down and radically -offset take on the classic Fender Jazz body shape . As such, you can really see how these basses inspired and influenced the Darryl Jones signature bass now so successfully marketed by Lakland . These basses give a superbly- judged modern spin on the classic Fender tones , and that is why they were so popular back in the day . Can't help but think £399 delivered for one of these high- quality American-made basses is a bit of a Basschat bargain ! These basses are great for any kind of music,but any self-respecting rocker in particular will look the business with this one . For some authentic 1980's -style hair metal posing , how can you beat one of these in yellow ?

Edited by Dingus