Why become a member? ×

***Epiphone G3 reissue upgraded now £GONE***
£320

tommorichards

Epiphone G3 modded reissue[s] £320[/s] [s]£300[/s] £275

This bass i got from a member here to fix up into a copy of the original G3 bass. I can safely say it has worked. Sounds immense. Just like longview.

So anyway, the bass has 3 NOS G3 pickups, and the controls as the original - 3 way selector, vol, tone. The scratchplate is made by the awesome bassdoc. Ill also include the original pickups and scratchplate. They can be switched over with no noticable cosmetic difference. Just need to desolder the bridge ground wire. The build diary is in the build diary section.

Maple body, i believe, with maple neck and fingerboard, along with pearloid inlays. Strap included. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Pictures commencing:

Original layout

new Layout

Under the hood

Trades considered, but cash preferred. Also i would prefer a collection, but posting and meeting up are both options here.

Edited by tommorichards

Very nice work, looks awesome, that's a heavy duty bridge, is it original fit?

I always had a soft-spot for Gibson basses of the late 70s/early 80s particularly the RD, which was just a boyhood dream really.

How is the PU selector switch configured? I'm guessing; neck, all three, bridge?

Yeah, thats the original epiphone bridge that came with it.

Pickup selection is close. It actually:

-bridge and middle in series
-all three in series
-middle and neck in series

The pickup selector was designed to give humbucking options in all positions.

That is fabulous tommo. If you are looking for a &$&*faker, perhaps you might have a look at the Faecesbook page for $£%"Fakers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/78514186083/

Edited by karlfer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...