Why become a member? ×

Fender American Special Jazz neck £130 posted - sold pending
£280

Hey everyone.

I recently had this neck up for sale/trade and after much umming and ahhing about it being too slim for my large hands I decided to keep it as it cost me an arm and a leg from the STRATosphere ebay shop in the states.
The neck comes with a lovely fret dress by one of Cardiff's best luthiers.
As I previously decided to keep it I did start to spray a nitro amber tint finish over it but the stuff just didn't look good so I sanded it off as I was going to tru-oil it (the finish is missing in places) but I've had to be honest at last and admitted to myself that I need a P-bass neck to suit my size (yes it's been a wee nightmare really as it cost me including the fretdress £380 all in :( )

So, a Posiflex graphite support rod, super fast USA jazz neck for £130 posted.

Cheers,

Si.

Edited by miles'tone

They were great. The neck came very well packaged and didn't take too long to arrive, 10 days I think.
Once you take into account the cost for shipping and import duty/vat it's a very dear do though.
This is my second neck from them. I did have trouble with the first as it was an old reissue neck which had a bit of a corkscrew thing going on when it arrived which wasn't noticeable until it was put under tension. They did offer to exchange it straight away which was great of them but I just couldn't justify the cost of posting the twisted neck back to them and then paying the import tax/vat AGAIN when the replacement arrived, so I unhappily just let it go.
I ordered this neck about 2 and a half years later.
They do have great feedback and I found them helpful but I wouldn't buy a used old neck from them again (meaning that an old, settled neck doesn't take too kindly to being flown around the world in different climates it seems!) But if you buy brand new it would be fine I expect, especially with the graphite support rods like in this case.

I'm going to put some pics up for this neck later this week (at last), maybe then I can tempt you with a gorgeous bit of rosewood ;)

Cheers,

Si.

Edited by miles'tone

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1372065645' post='2121068']
They were great. The neck came very well packaged and didn't take too long to arrive, 10 days I think.
Once you take into account the cost for shipping and import duty/vat it's a very dear do though.
This is my second neck from them. I did have trouble with the first as it was an old reissue neck which had a bit of a corkscrew thing going on when it arrived which wasn't noticeable until it was put under tension. They did offer to exchange it straight away which was great of them but I just couldn't justify the cost of posting the twisted neck back to them and then paying the import tax/vat AGAIN when the replacement arrived, so I unhappily just let it go.
I ordered this neck about 2 and a half years later.
They do have great feedback and I found them helpful but I wouldn't buy a used old neck from them again (meaning that an old, settled neck doesn't take too kindly to being flown around the world in different climates it seems!) But if you buy brand new it would be fine I expect, especially with the graphite support rods like in this case.

I'm going to put some pics up for this neck later this week (at last), maybe then I can tempt you with a gorgeous bit of rosewood ;)

Cheers,

Si.
[/quote]

Thanks for the awesome reply!
I'm tempted to build a precision and fit a american special jazz neck to it
tempting..

Edited by DanEly

[quote name='DanEly' timestamp='1372372364' post='2125131']

Thanks for the awesome reply!
I'm tempted to build a precision and fit a american special jazz neck to it
tempting..
[/quote]

That's exactly what I did!
I wanted a Precision that I could play as fast as a Geddy Lee jazz (the Am Special jazz necks are pretty much just as skinny) and it turned out an awesome bass (Fralin pup installed),
Unfortunately my hands are too big to get around on it comfortably for any length of time.
Bugger.

*Back up for trade only*

Due to the sale of my van I'm no longer in a rush to sell this neck now so it's back to trade only ta.
Thanks to all of you who showed interest and pm'd. :)

Cheers, Si.

Edited by miles'tone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...