Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez Blazer '81 BL-700NT fretless
£350

andydye

[s]Somehow (via a variety of trades and swaps) I've managed to end up with a pair of very lovely but surprisingly different feeling and sounding Ibanez Blazer basses
I didn't think I'd be doing this so soon after getting my mitts on them but life happens dunnit!?

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157633277713595/[/media]

[s]The '80 is fretted (as most blazers were) and has a really rather punchy tone even with the flats on, I'd prefer it to any p-bass I've ever tried without question! Comes with a new-ish and fairly nicely padded Fender gig bag.
Nut width = 41mm (1 5/8")
Weight = approx 4kg / 9lb[/s] [b]SOLD[/b]

The '81 is a fretless, a factory fretless, I don't think many were made (so this would be a rarity maybe?), the tone is very sweet, super vintage p with a lovely gentle mwah/swell if you linger on a note much like any fretless p. Comes with a similar aged hardcase that looks the part and all the clasps function but are getting a bit loose.
Nut width = 40mm (just over 1 1/2")
Weight = just over 4kg / 9lb

[s]Both are [/s]really solidly made and while not especially light, doesn't feel heavy to me when worn.

Price, [s]£350[/s] £300 [s]each[/s] inc UK shipping, local collection / meet up within about an hours drive of Sheffield is also an option.[/s]

Edited by andydye

As the previous owner of the fretted Blazer, I can recommend it as a great bass.
Very solid, with a great punchy tone, the neck is fast and dead straight with perfect intonation.
It's a player's bass with a cool, classic feel - they don't make 'em like this any more (unfortunately).

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1371243509' post='2111792']
It isn't very clear but are they £350 each or £350 for both?
[/quote]

Apologies matey, £350 each + uk shipping

Edited by andydye

• 4 weeks later...

As an owner of an Ibanez Blazer (20+ years) I can testify to the quality of these instruments. The sound I get from my Blazer through any amp is amazing, a massive, punchy, deep tone.
I'll never part with mine, not just for sentimental reasons, but because it IS that good.

Have an Blazer loving bump :)

[quote name='Amafi' timestamp='1373207759' post='2134682']
As an owner of an Ibanez Blazer (20+ years) I can testify to the quality of these instruments. The sound I get from my Blazer through any amp is amazing, a massive, punchy, deep tone.
I'll never part with mine, not just for sentimental reasons, but because it IS that good.

Have an Blazer loving bump :)
[/quote]

Thanks matey!

Edited by andydye

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1373804856' post='2141747']
What exactly is that pickup on the fretted one Andy ?
[/quote]

Hiya matey, the '80 blurb says it's a 'super b4' but it amounts to a single coil non-split pup with a heap more balls than a single j would have...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='slade' timestamp='1376817010' post='2179325']
Hi ,
Would you consider shipping it to France ?
Serious Buyer.
Cheers
Slade.
[/quote]

Hiya matey, yes I would ship to France, will pm you to discuss :)

• 2 weeks later...