Why become a member? ×

SOLD Japanese Fender P (Bitsa) £
£350

rushbo

SOLD SOLD SOLD on Ebay

With a heavy heart and heavier overdraft, I offer up my beautiful Japanese Fender P. I bought it from kennyrodg of this very forum late last year – he in turn snagged it from Burritobass, also of this forum in early 2012, so you can be sure of its provenance. It’s lived a life, but it’s got Mojo for miles…
It has a SD SPB1 p/up and wiring kit/pots etc from Kiogon and genuine Fender replacement Vol/Tone knobs.

According to mckendrick (a man who knows his Fenders…) “It's a '57ri body with a '62ri neck. The neck has the FB3 tuners... so most likely it'll be from a CIJ PB62-US, where US would indicate the body it came from would have been fitted with US pickups. The neck plate has 'FENDER' on it so given it came with that body, it would put the body in earlier MIJ territory. Looks like basswood so it would have been a stock MIJ '57, in which case it's got a wise choice of pick-up mod”.
I have no reason to doubt that. “What does it sound like?”, I hear you cry… It sounds like a classic P. Lovely comfy neck, splendid two tone burst and it’s loaded with some fairly new Fender flatwounds.
What’s not to love?

It’s got some dings, but nothing too terrible.

£350 to pick up from sunny Halesowen in the Wild West Midlands or posted for £370. No trades, ta! Feel free to come and have a tweak, but bring biscuits. No one ever brings biscuits…[url="http://s306.photobucket.com/user/rushbo1/library/Japanese%20Fender%20P"]http://s306.photobuc...se%20Fender%20P[/url]

Edited by rushbo

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1371059339' post='2109335']
It’s got some dings, but nothing too terrible.[/quote]

Nothing too terrible? Hey I loving put most of those in myself! That bass has been on TV, played the Marquee Club, toured the UK and has more stories than Jackanory! If I had the desire to own another bass it'd be this one. And it's only a bitsa because I kept wearing bits out!

Someone will get a great bass :)

Nice Bass this guys. Good player and great P Bass tone.
If I was flush (which I'm not) I'd buy it back in a heart beat.
I bought a Squier CV P just after letting this go, it lasted a week.
B)