Why become a member? ×

Is it worth swapping.

ashgeezer

hi people i have a johnson stingray copy bass in great nick and a carlsbro kickstart 30w bass amp in pristine condition, a bloke i know has offered me a swap for his carlsbro cobra 90 bass amp, dont know much about the cobra but i need a bigger amp, should i expect him to ask me for cash as well or is it worth a straight swap
chheers
mick

I'd probably hold out for a much bigger amp. At the end of the day thats just a bigger practice amp. I have a 30w amp, I bypassed the internal speaker and run it into one of my cabs, suddenly it gets much louder, it little combos its the speaker that is the limiting factor.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='212861' date='Jun 4 2008, 11:49 PM']+1

When I started gigging (years and years ago!) I thought a cheap 100W 15" combo would be enough. It wasn't.[/quote]
Same as, i thought that a few months ago (not gigged yet but it became apparent at practice) so i upped to a 180W ashdown with a 115 and a 210. That just does the job, though i could do with a bit more headroom sometimes.