Why become a member? ×

**SOLD/GONE** Fender Roscoe Beck V- Teal Green Metallic + Hiscox case + UK shipping
£1050

Etienne

Hi everyone,

I bought this very recently from fellow BC'er (and super nice guy) silverfoxnik to get myself back into the 5-string world after several years away. After living with and playing this for a bit, I'm pretty convinced that 4 strings are still where it's at for me... it was nice while it lasted though!

This is the second RBV I've owned, and it's a touch lighter and more resonant than I remember my previous sunburst one being. Since taking ownership, I've cleaned the frets and fingerboard, given the bass a bit of a set-up to suit my playing style (medium high action), and installed a brand-new set of D'Addario XL nickel-wounds, strung through the body. I feel that these suit the instrument better than the barely-used set of Elixirs it came with, but I'll include the old set so that you can judge for yourself!

Here's the link to Nik's FS thread with some pics:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/206672-sold-fender-roscoe-beck-signature-5-string-bass/page__hl__roscoe%20beck"]http://basschat.co.u...__roscoe%20beck[/url]

The bass comes with a well-used but functional Hiscox hard case (branded 'T-Bass by Trace Elliot'), the old set of Elixirs in the new D'Addario's packet, plus the plastic wallet containing the manual, control function sheets and hang tags.

I'm looking for [b]£1050[/b] for this, including fully insured UK shipping (which is what I paid Nik for it), which means that I'm giving you the box-fresh set of D'Addario's for free!

[b]EDIT: SOLD AND GONE- 07/06/2013[/b]

Viewing/collection is highly recommended for this lovely instrument (I'm in Liverpool City Centre by Sefton Park).
Please note: I will [b]not[/b] ship the bass unless it's inside the Hiscox case I'm afraid, but I will happily sell it without if the bass is collected in person- I will of course adjust the price down accordingly.

Please PM me if interested, thanks for looking!

Etienne :)

Edited by Etienne

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1370532021' post='2102311']
Etienne lives around the corner from me and is an absolute gentleman ;)

You can deal with him with total confidence :)

All the best with it Et ;)
[/quote]

Thanks mate, appreciate that! Hope you're well... :)

PS Pics now added at the top!

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1370532715' post='2102329']
If you do end up getting a BB2000, bring it round and we'll compare notes lol :)

Did you have this 5 string beast last time I was round? Looks ace
[/quote]

Ha ha, of course- it would need the Bobby K stamp of approval... ;)

Drop me a text and we'll sort out a catch-up!

Wow!

Sorry to see it hasn't worked out for you and that you're moving this on so quickly Et, but I'm sure the bass has benefitted a lot from you setting it up as you have done.

I have to agree with you about the strings - as you said, I'd put some Elixirs on it before I sold it - but they didn't sit that well with the bass for me, nice strings as they are. It is quite a resonant bass as you said and I'm sure the D'Addario XL nickel-wounds sound great on it!

I sometimes wonder about whether I actually prefer playing 4 or 5 string basses, and it can be really confusing switching between the two during gigs (as I do), but in the end, I've probably spent more time playing 5 string basses over the years than I have 4 strings, so that's where I've decided I feel most comfortable...

However, you know what suits you best, so if you could pick up a four-string Roscoe Beck, that'd probably be perfect for you?

Anyway, it's a fabulous bass and I'm sure it'll find a good new home very quickly and good luck with the sale.. :)

All the best

Nik

Thanks for the kind words Nik! It's been a short honeymoon with this, but I guess I had to try it to find out if the 5-string thing was still me or not... :)

As it happens, I did have a Roscoe Beck 4-string in Lake Placid Blue a few years back, which unfortunately I had to sell when money was tighter... still miss that one! I'll see what happens over the next few days... maybe she'll come back to me!

PS The XL's feel great on the RBV- the B-string in particular feels and sounds much tighter compared to its Elixir counterpart...

[quote name='Etienne' timestamp='1370533258' post='2102343']
Ha ha, of course- it would need the Bobby K stamp of approval... ;)

Drop me a text and we'll sort out a catch-up!
[/quote]

Well, whatever you get in trade, give us a shout and i'll come and have a butcher's ;)