Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yamaha BB714BS

andy67

[b]I have ordered one of these!![/b] :)

Yamaha and Billy Sheehan, Monster Player and Bass Designer Introduces New Signature Model
— New Sheehan Signature Based on the BB Model —
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Billy Sheehan, one of the most electrifying bass players in the world, will introduce his new Yamaha BB714BS Signature Bass Guitar at Winter NAMM 2008.

Billy Sheehan
with Signature Bass

Based on the classic BB414 body style, the new four-string model features a unique woofer pickup that Sheehan designed with Yamaha's master guitar builder, John Gaudesi. Aesthetic details include gorgeous black nickel hardware and a black metallic finish.

"The new Sheehan model puts a unique and exciting spin on the classic tried and true BB series, with killer new features and the classic Yamaha punch," said Armando Vega, product manager, Yamaha Guitars.

Known as one of the most dynamic bassists to ever pick up a four-string, Sheehan made his name with Mr. Big and David Lee Roth and has had an active solo career. Over the next few years, he plans to continue recording, go on tour and make special clinic appearances.

Sheehan's current Signature model, the ATT LTD II, will also remain in Yamaha's product lineup and will be available in new colors, including Black and Lava Red.

"This is an exciting time in Yamaha's relationship with Billy," said Dennis Webster, marketing manager, Yamaha Guitars. "The collaboration to customize the classic BB bass has resulted in a unique new signature model. At the same time, Yamaha is releasing two new exciting colors in the historic ATT LTD II signature bass."

The BB714BS is expected to ship in March 2008.

For more information, visit Yamaha at Winter NAMM 2008 in Booth 4578, Hall C, Anaheim Convention Center; write Yamaha Corporation of America, Pro Audio & Combo Division, Guitar Products, P.O. Box 6600, Buena Park, CA 90622; telephone (714) 522-9011; email [email protected]; or visit www.yamaha.com.

Edited by andy67

incredibly excited!

to the point of......

nah, wont say that! lol!

got a 3 - 6 month wait on it though :) but if its here between now and Christmas?? ohyeah!

like the look of the new black pups on the black attitude in the background.

andy

[quote name='Machines' post='211668' date='Jun 3 2008, 11:43 AM']Classic BB's rock, but the pickup there just makes me think it's some homebrewed experiment, looks wrong to me :).[/quote]

what a huge sound though! :huh:

funnily enough...the bb3000 billy used did have a bridge pup, link: [url="http://www.billysheehan.com/gear/instruments_12.html"]http://www.billysheehan.com/gear/instruments_12.html[/url]

but he removed this, the active electronics and fitted the model one at the front.

adny

Not sure.

Yamaha does have a custom shop/workshop/small production line/showroom in California where billy gets a lot of his stuff sorted and this might explain the wait?

The photos show this shop/showroom.

I did think it would be cheaper but rrp is £569, thomann will do it for £449 ex delivery.

andy

ps: [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70687377"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=70687377[/url]

Edited by andy67

nice one - i know my local guitar shop is getting one of these BBs in at some point but i dunno - personally i'm still not sure about them! pink with maple fingerboard like Billy's old one and i'd say yes! - will be interesting to see what he's playing at the London Guitar Show next week....

interesting also that the new Attitude in the background there has black pups on a white pickguard - in the other shots i've seen they've had black pups on black pickguard........ hmmmmm

peace

c

And then, some more....

Yamaha BB714BS Billy Sheehan Signature Bass

Billy Sheehan occupies an enviable position as one of the most respected rock bassists on the planet. Voted ‘Best Rock Bass Player’ 5 times by the US magazine ‘Guitar Player’ (an accolade that places him in their ‘Gallery of Greats’ alongside Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney and Eddie Van Halen), his CV covers acts including David Lee Roth, Mr Big and recent tours with the Steve Vai and Joe Satriani guitarist supergroup, G3.
For most of these gigs, Billy has depended on his Yamaha Attitude bass – designed with Yamaha’s Hollywood custom shop to be the ultimate rock bass.

For 2008, Billy Sheehan and Yamaha have worked together to create an all-new bass to sit alongside the flagship Attitude. This bass is the BB714BS.
BB714BS features the classic Yamaha BB body shape from the latest BB400 and BB600 models with a few of Billy’s personal features. These include Billy’s signature pickup configuration of split coil and neck woofer pickup, new control layout (main pu volume, woofer pu volume, master tone), woofer hi-cut switch, solid brass bridge, black chrome hardware and a choice of classic black or Billy’s new custom-mixed Lava Red finishes.
In addition to the custom spec, each BB714BS ships with an exclusive DVD featuring an interview with Billy about both the Attitude and new BB basses and a tour of Yamaha’s Hollywood custom shop.

Yamaha Guitar Product Manager, Julian Ward, comments:

“Billy’s a great player and a fantastic ambassador but he’s also a huge asset when it comes to developing new basses. He’s totally focused on producing the best possible instruments - the Attitude bass is proof of that - so when we began discussing a new signature model and he said that he wanted to make a bass that would open his choice of features up to a wider audience, we were pretty excited. He played BBs back in the 80s and loved the new models so it was the ideal choice as a platform for the new bass. In the BB714 we’ve added Billy’s chosen specifications to the BB design to make it the perfect way to get into his sound. It gets the fully Billy Sheehan seal of approval and he’s been involved throughout the design process - it’s great to be producing another signature model that’s more than just a name on a headstock, something the artist’s truly happy with.”

The BB714BS is available from June 2008 with a target RRP of £549.

For more information:

[email protected]

An interview with billy from the winter namm show.

It's in photo's and video, scroll down until you find Billy Sheehan and click open....

link: [url="http://www.yamaha.com/namm/w2008/videosandphotos.html?CTID=5041901"]http://www.yamaha.com/namm/w2008/videosand...ml?CTID=5041901[/url]