Why become a member? ×

Bass for sale Catch 22

Cyrene

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1369137759' post='2085216']
Dear BC. If I had the money to pay £7 for a listing, I wouldn't be in the position of having to sell my bass.
No PayPal, no current account = necessary sale of bass.
Ta
[/quote]

Sell it locally, then...?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1369138131' post='2085222']
Sell it locally, then...?
[/quote]
is that supposed to be helpful?
If it sold i'd gladly make a contribution to BC, but given the current constraints it's unlikely to sell quickly.

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1369138974' post='2085238']
is that supposed to be helpful?
If it sold i'd gladly make a contribution to BC, but given the current constraints it's unlikely to sell quickly.
[/quote]

It wasn't supposed to be [i]un[/i]helpful. Sorry if it came across that way.

What's your preferred outcome? That they lift the charging structure?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1369139160' post='2085244']
It wasn't supposed to be [i]un[/i]helpful. Sorry if it came across that way.

What's your preferred outcome? That they lift the charging structure?
[/quote]
The preferred outcome is that I sell the bass quickly. This would be achievable if BC lifted the obligatory payment.

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1369139244' post='2085247']
The preferred outcome is that I sell the bass quickly. This would be achievable if BC lifted the obligatory payment.
[/quote]

I think you'll find that no matter how much you plead that that is not going to happen.....

What bass are you selling? Maybe if someone fancies it they can forward you 7 quid and then you can sell it to them, minus 7 quid. As an exceptional case. Maybe.

edit:Or I could send you the 7 quid, and when you make the sale, you send me a tenner back :-)

Or post it on Gumtree? And then post on here saying "Wow, great bass in my area, gosh if I had the money I'd be all over that".

Or break up the bass up and sell bits of it here for less than 40 quid each.

Edited by Zenitram

• 1 month later...

I've used this site for sales, & think it's a really useful resource, and have promoted it amongst all my bass playing associates - I have also given money to the site after various sales.

I do find myself objecting to being obliged to pay however - it's a bit like the Co-op withdrawing their dividend to members........

It's a dilemma for the site administrators, I do understand that, but still I've not advertised on here since it was obligatory & have just sold a bass todayfor the full asking price on Gumtree.

I wonder how much the sales traffic on here has dropped since the imposition of the new sales advertising tariff came in?

Perhaps the administrators could put a comment on, or advise members what the state of play is for this site?

Perhaps a global email to all members could be issued?

Regards,

Stompbox. :mellow:

[quote name='Stompbox' timestamp='1371936779' post='2119929']
Perhaps the administrators could put a comment on, or advise members what the state of play is for this site?

Perhaps a global email to all members could be issued?

Regards,

Stompbox. :mellow:
[/quote]

The state of play for this site, is that the owners were paying for the upkeep and development of the forum out of their own pockets. Inevitably it comes to a point where it's untenable, hence the introduction of the charge.

TBH we've been over this that often since the change, it's pointless going over it again.