Why become a member? ×

Somerset Noobie

fordbass

Hi all,

Been playing bass for just over 2 years since my brother enticed me to play some songs at his 40th birthday and have never looked back!
Now playing in a band called The Garden Club across Devon and Somerset playing rock/pop/indie covers and wondering why at 43 years of age I didnt do it sooner!

Basic simple setup, bass, amp, strings, lets go!

Looking forward to what the future brings, may not be any Billy Sheehan but love playing!

Cheers

Steve

[quote name='fordbass' timestamp='1369137175' post='2085208']
Hi all,

Been playing bass for just over 2 years since my brother enticed me to play some songs at his 40th birthday and have never looked back!
Now playing in a band called The Garden Club across Devon and Somerset playing rock/pop/indie covers and wondering why at 43 years of age I didnt do it sooner!

Basic simple setup, bass, amp, strings, lets go!

Looking forward to what the future brings, may not be any Billy Sheehan but love playing!

Cheers

Steve
[/quote]

Hi and welcome from across the border. :D

Edited by DorsetBlue

[quote name='fordbass' timestamp='1369137175' post='2085208']
bass, amp, strings
[/quote]

Welcome, mate, but I did not understand those words. Somehow the words did remind me of something I recognise, but I couldn't get it to fit.
Maybe you can? I was thinking of "Shitloads of basses, shitloads of pedals, shitloads of heads and shitloads of cabs". Probably not related in any way though.

Anyway, enjoy the site!

best,
bert

Welcome Steve,

Ahh Oi loves ol zummerset oi do...... I may be Scottish but I lived in Glastonbury for a while. Lots of live music I remember. Who cares if your not Billy Sheehan, try someone like Geddy Lee :D

Cheers Leen.

Edited by Leen2112