Why become a member? ×

hello to all !

Prosebass

Hi to everyone

my name is Paul Rose and at 45 I have been playing bass on and off for 30 years.
I am in the process of getting a new name into the bass guitar industry that being eastwind-guitars.
Will soon have a web site and ebay shop open for business.
I aim to provide the best value for money basses / spares available anywhere, having a combination of bought in and hand crafted necks and bodies in various price ranges.
I would be more than interested to hear what people want from a bass and any ideas you may have kicking about.
I am a big Jaco fan but never try to emulate him.....go with your own style is what I say. My style has often been described as "strange" . Other influences are Pino Paladino, Stanley Clarke , Doug Wimbish, John Paul Jones, Alphonso Johnson ............
Not in a band, been a bedroom hero for a while , although I played in my earlier days live.
Current crop of basses are my own designed and built ones plus a Hofner S7B from 1981(bought new) and a Westone Thunder 1A.I also use a Peavey Deltabass 160 head and a Hartke Transporter 2 x 10 cab both highly recommended.
Hope to get a banner for my business on this site asap
Feel free to contact me with any technical queries / advice , I am a bit of an anorak when it comes to basses.

cheers......Paul

[quote name='neepheid' post='211167' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:43 PM']Welcome to the forum. I'll be keeping tabs on the progress of your enterprise.[/quote]

thanks for the welcome neepheid.....

how do you rate the Artec pre-amps as I import a lot of their stuff at the moment ?

[quote name='eastwind' post='211172' date='Jun 2 2008, 03:51 PM']thanks for the welcome neepheid.....

how do you rate the Artec pre-amps as I import a lot of their stuff at the moment ?[/quote]

I've used an SE-2 and an SE-2A and have found them to perform well for the money. The concentric pot on my SE-2A is a little cantankerous though, makes some rather nasty poppy/rumbly noises sometimes. Will probably have to replace that.

Thanks to all for the welcomes , I'll soon be posting some of the first builds so you can all tell me what you think.
Just to be getting along heres a little something I put together last week to raise more cash for my venture, also got a couple of Westones but I don't really want to part with them...!

Spec

Indonesian Jazz
Standard neck and body
Dressed and polished frets
Wilkinson passive pickups
High mass "Gotoh" style bridge
John East Jazz Retro Active
Cavities shielded

This thing sings now ....and for a lot less than a Mexican Standard.

[attachment=9280:Jazz003.jpg]
[attachment=9279:IMG_0563.jpg]
[attachment=9278:Jazz002.jpg]