Why become a member? ×

EBS 1x15 For Sale (Price drop £175 Includes P&P)
£250

brick

[color=#333333]FOR SALE EBS Proline 2000 1x15[/color]

[color=#333333]Putting this up for sale as my 4x10 is getting used for most of my gigs, cab is really good nick and located in Dundee[/color]

[color=#333333]Technical Specifications[/color]

[color=#333333]Frequency Response 35 - 3 k Hz
Sensitivity 103 dB
Power Rating 400 W RMS
Impedance 4 ohms
Volume 116 liters
Height 69 cm / 27""
Width 58 cm / 23"
Depth 44 cm / 17"
Weight 32 kg / 71 lbs

looking for £175 (this includes p&p)[/color]

Edited by brick

Here is my problem.. I have an ebs reidmar amp which is 4 ohm... Your cab doesnt have a horn in it which means i would need to use my 2 x 10 which is 8 ohms? how do i do it without dropping the ohm's anymore than 4?

thanks ant

[quote name='barklama' timestamp='1369786320' post='2092828']
Here is my problem.. I have an ebs reidmar amp which is 4 ohm... Your cab doesnt have a horn in it which means i would need to use my 2 x 10 which is 8 ohms? how do i do it without dropping the ohm's anymore than 4?

thanks ant
[/quote]

Tweeters don't affect the ohmage rating of a cab. Your Reidmar will power this cab with every ounce of it's wattage rating (a good thing).

You would NOT be able to use the Reidmar with this cab AND your 2x10 (a bad thing). The 8 ohm 2x10 draws only half of the power from the Reidmar; the 4 ohm 1x15 will draw ALL of the power from the Reidmar on it's own.

At £175 this is a complete steal! If I were still using separates I'd grab it straight away!

Truckstop

[quote name='barklama' timestamp='1369786320' post='2092828']

thanks ant
[/quote]

Actually, I've just read that through properly and I've realised you didnt mention a tweeter at all.

But, however, I'm assuming you'd prefer to use the 1x15 with a 2x10 because you think that the 2x10 will supply the top end that you think the 1x15 will lack because it doesn't have a horn?

That's all old hat. The whole 10" for high frequencies/15" for low frequencies is just completely wrong these days. An efficient 15" speaker will sound as bright as you like and a decent 10" speaker can go as low as 40hz easily. I think you'd be very surprised and happy with the range this cab is capable of.

Truckstop

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' timestamp='1369832239' post='2093184']
At that price you could always buy an 8ohm driver to put in it and sell on the 4ohm driver, I don't know what drivers EBS use but it's probably something out of the Eminence stable.
[/quote]

Interestingly, the EBS website makes no mention of the type of drivers they use! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1369844809' post='2093410']
That's all old hat. The whole 10" for high frequencies/15" for low frequencies is just completely wrong these days. An efficient 15" speaker will sound as bright as you like and a decent 10" speaker can go as low as 40hz easily. I think you'd be very surprised and happy with the range this cab is capable of.
[/quote]

But neither will go into tweeter territory.