Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD - Celinder J Update 4 (The Scarbee Bass!) PRICEDROP!
£1900

BassAgent

I hate to do this. I hate to put one of the best Jazz Basses I've ever played up for sale. I hate to let one of the basses I dreamed of since I was 14 go. But I'm gonna do it.

This is the one, the famous Scarbee bass from April '98.

[b]Specs:[/b]
Ash body
Maple neck/fretboard
Lindy Fralin Pickups
Aguilar OBP-1 preamp
Brass nut
Hipshot tuners
BadAss II bridge

The bass weighs 5.8 kilos, which is about 12.7 lbs. That might sound a bit heavy, but I've never experienced the bass to be particularly heavy :)

How it sounds? Think of the fattest, best 70's-like Jazz Bass you know. Add a little bit more testosterone and some funk and you have the sound. It sounds brutal and plays like butter. You want it. You know you do.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b]£1800 plus shipping. No case included, but I might get one for shipping. Adds [/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b]£30 to price.[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b] Pickup in Holland preferred though. No trades, except for a rosewood fretboard 5-string Jazz.[/b][/size][/font][/color]

Chris himself said this about it:
[quote][i]Yeah it seems that that bass has become somewhat of a legend. The body on the Scarbee bass is Danish ash. Medium weight - lighter than Northern White Ash (US) and heavier but with more heft than Southern Swamp Ash (US). The neck is hard rock maple with the same hard rock maple fingerboard.[/i]

[i]Pickups are Lindy Fralin Jazz, and the Aguilar OBP-1 preamp is setup with double volume, bass (boost), treble (cut) ... or "vintage tone control" if you will. The trimmer controls the boost level of the treble in the preamp. I am not a fan of treble boost (on a bass), thus I always wired the OBP-1 this way so you can preset the amount of max treble on the trimmer and then cut it from there on the front of the bass to suit the music. The Badass bridge is from right before I designed my own bridge (with string-thru-body-option). This bass has serial # 9804130 ....meaning it was built in April 1998 and is bass number 130.[/quote][/i]

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1368610677' post='2079080']
My Celinder would be the last thing out of the house. I'd sell my bath before I sold it.
[/quote]
That's exactly what I thought, until I found out I actually don't really use it...

@Bigwan: If it turns up for sale some time: get it. It's a great bass.