Why become a member? ×

1970/1 Fender Precision fretless * GONE *
£1900

Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1372320024' post='2124131']
Erm, actually I live in Barnes, Chris. So that would be a no :P
[/quote]

OK, what if I walk up the road a little to, say Roehampton?

At another time I'd have been all over this bass as - as people seem to be slowly waking up to, a fretless Precision is an absolutely magnificent instrument in every respect. The iconography of the Jaco/Jazz thing has dominated people's thinking around fretless instruments to such a degree that many see a fretless Precision as some sort of poorer substitute, which to my mind is exactly the opposite of the case. There is an authority and power to the tone that I've never found in other fretless instruments (possible exception being my ex 4003FL), and a decent fretless Precision will certainly blow most fretless Jazzes out of the water in those respects. Also - perhaps counter-intuitively - if you want DB tone, it's there in spades.

Personally Clarky I think you should keep it until such time as my daughters can earn their own keep and I can justify a decent fretless again :)

+1 - this really does seem to be the case. I'm sure that this fretless would have flown out at the price (or more) not too long ago. There certainly appears to be a critical lack of dosh around. There's something that I desperately need (!) but it would require the sale of some current basses that I know wouldn't achieve anything like a decent price...

But, another bump - somebody deserves this as a centrepiece of their collection

EDIT: oops, +1 to andydye - Clarky got in before I clicked

Edited by lozbass