Why become a member? ×

Good Evening

FasterLouder

Howdy.
Nice forum you have here!
I'm more of a guitar player,than a bass player,but that's been changing,lately.
I really enjoy playing bass and have picked it up pretty fast.
Been playing guitar for 15 years and bass on and off for the same,but for the last 5 years I've been playing more bass.
Using a Jazz bass with a maple fretboard,trans. blue with a mother of blue bowling ball pickguard.
I love it.
Running it through a Crate GT1200H 1/2 stack with the usual pedals.
My taste is mostly proto punk,punk and post punk.
The Heartbreakers,The New York Dolls,The Stooges,MC5,The Fall,Joy Division,The Cramps...you get the idea.
Anyway,looking forward to meeting ya. ;)

[quote name='FasterLouder' timestamp='1367400117' post='2065040']
My taste is mostly proto punk, punk and post punk. The Heartbreakers, The New York Dolls, The Stooges, MC5, The Fall, Joy Division, The Cramps ...you get the idea.
[/quote]

Highly acceptable. Welcome to the forum. :)

:crigon_04:

Edited by discreet

Hey FasterLouder,

Welcome!
I almost get the impression you're into punk. Do you happen to like also Peter Hammill's "Nadir's Big Chance"? Iggy said he liked it, and so did quite many punkers if I'm correctly informed. Apparently, Hammill was the first ever to refer to "punk songs".

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the fora.

best,
bert

:hi: Welcome to BC 'Faster Louder'.. :D

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pardon me, but what does 'the usual pedals' mean?!?! I think we should be told.. head over to 'the show us your pedalboard' thread.. post pics..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ASAP.. thank you[/font][/color]

:crigon_04:

Leen, you're OK. It's not that you lack intellectual capacity, but just that you lack old age.
Us old ones can still remember when the radio DJ announced the first proto punk songs as The New Wave in British Music, and we were longneckedly looking out for Punk Proper to emerge from Proto Punk's future ashes.

I guess one had to be there.

b,
b