Why become a member? ×

New Amp Day - Aguilar TH350 in da house...

MartyBRebelMC

My cute little TH350 has arrived, rehearsal at the weekend so I'll get a better idea of how it sounds but on first listen at low volume I'm loving the sound with a little drive dialled in with a P bass.

I bought it as a rehearsal amp and backup as it's so small it can live in the pocket of my gig bag.

Anyone been using one of these 'in anger' yet?

Martin

Pics - my home practice rig

[attachment=133497:th350-1.jpg][attachment=133498:th350-2.jpg]

Edited by MartyBRebelMC

[size=5][sub]I've heard these are quite uncolured, which is a bit confusing as I have the TH pedal, and I wouldn't have said that myself..[/sub][/size]
[size=5][sub]but I think Aguilar are making good gear atm.[/sub][/size]

[size=5][sub]I can see that being a good match with the Berg.[/sub][/size]

Nice one.
I've had it's bigger brother the TH500 for a couple of weeks now.
Used it with a couple of different cabs, GB Neox 212t and a also a couple of EBS CL112's and it's sounded great with both.
I'd say it's pretty neutral sounding, you can beef-up the Highs lows and mids the same as with the TH pedal.. The drive is there if you want it to start to break up or sound a bit more tubey/overdriven.

I'll try and get my thoughts down about it on Monday after i've used it at band volume. Having now had a couple of hours messing with it at home it is really impressing me but it's all about how it works in the band mix at the end of the day... so i'll reserve judgement until I used it in the band.

I tried the TH350 with a Berg AE212 (which is a 4ohm load) and a Precision bass at the weekend in a rehearsal - my impression is that with the Berg you need to dial in a fair bit of midrange EQ and back off the bass to cut through the mix, but I've found this with other amps and this cab. I'll hazard a guess that this amp will really sing with a more mid voiced cab in a rock band situation. The band i was playing with is quite loud and with the volume at 12 o'clock it was fine, I didn't think there was an awful lot more headroom after that point so I'd be a bit wary about anything other than small gigs with this. I'd say its easy to get a good tone from the amp and the drive is very usable giving a nice dose of saturation and mild compression. I'll need a few more rehearsals and the like with this before I get a proper feel for it but it's a nice capable little amp.

Edited by MartyBRebelMC