Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Gumtree bargain, or maybe just nicked...

Wooks79

I've just rung, it was actually Cash Convertors in Middleton.

The guy told me it was on their website as well and went in 15 minutes .

He asked me if it was a good price so I said he's undersold it by about 3-4 hundred

God knows how much they gave the person who brought it in !

It was a rarewood finish with matching headstock as well, very nice indeed but I suspect the original owner is missing it

Some Cash Converters have a resident "expert" on instruments and others haven't a clue. I saw a brand new Fender USA Telecaster with case in a CC for £325. It must literally have been "removed" from a shop as it was completely unplayed.
A pal of mine got a really nice old Fender P-Bass from the same branch for £200 and after a bit of clean swapped it for a brand new Stingray 5 in a Manchester Music shop.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1366910768' post='2058994']
Cash Convertors, the only legalised fences
[/quote]

Police raided the branch in Stevenage about this time last year and allowed the Manager/ Assistant Manager to stay in one of their "suites" for a while...don't know the outcome though...

My stepson had all his fishing gear nicked from the back garden and sold it to Cash Convertors.He found it in there, police took 5 months to do anything about it as they knew who sold it.Went around his house months later, found no gear there(obviously) so they were allowed to sell it as there was no proof despite the bloke in the local fishing shop told them he sold it to the stepson.That is why i would never buy anything from them even if it is a bargain

I wonder if this ended up on ebay. looks very similair but the piccies on the Gumtree ad aren't visible now. It has been withdrawn - guess the guy sold it at his shop. Bass Shack in Horsham. does anyone know it ?. Website has no bass gear currently for sale but a load of historic prices. Seems a little odd.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290907419738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_310wt_1201"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290907419738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_310wt_1201[/url]

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1367324244' post='2064142']
I wonder if this ended up on ebay. looks very similair but the piccies on the Gumtree ad aren't visible now. It has been withdrawn - guess the guy sold it at his shop. Bass Shack in Horsham. does anyone know it ?. Website has no bass gear currently for sale but a load of historic prices. Seems a little odd.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290907419738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_310wt_1201"]http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_310wt_1201[/url]
[/quote]
It isn't the same Bass Mike. I know who has just bought the eBay one you highlighted. The one on Gumtree had J/MM pickups and Gold harware and was a Jazz shape.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1367327273' post='2064211']
The one on gumtree wasn't a jazz shape mate, it was a P-shape with P and humbucker... Like the eBay one.
[/quote]
Whoops my bad. I only had a quick look and 4 strings and gold hardware ended it for me. ;)