Why become a member? ×

How hard can it be

marcus bell

If you take a risk with starting something at 99p on eBay, you really light a fire under it - for one thing items starting at 99p do very well in the search ratings and for another, people think they're going to get a bargain (known as 'come and buy me' on all those TV antiques programmes) but inevitably the item will go for more than it would normally, because there are usually a lot more people involved and they get auction fever and bid way more than they might... which could cover your fees...

I've done this with all kinds of high-worth items on eBay and it works every time.
As long as your auctions run over the weekend, you'll be fine. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='marcus bell' timestamp='1366563053' post='2054097']
I may have to try this
[/quote]

It can be hard to take the initial gamble, but it could pay off for you.
I forgot to say, for it to work properly you have to include the letters 'NR' or 'N/R' in your title - No Reserve.
There are lots of people who search for '99p NR' and items with No Reserve are prioritised on the Bay. :)

Edited by discreet

Maybe the simple answer Marcus , is that people don't value what you have to trade the same way you do . Depending on how long you have been trying to do the deal , it may be that you have to rethink your strategy . The hard fact in every case where you need to do a transaction is that things are worth what you can get for them , plain and simple . I would go along with Pete on this . You would do much better and give yourself far more options if you sold the bass or basses you want to get rid of and get the cash to buy a Stingray that way . Myself in your position , I wouldn't even have bothered asking about a trade . [u]You can always get a bargain if you are patient and have got cash in your hand [/u], that never changes .

Edited by Dingus

If I want cash quick I sell on eBay as there is a wider audience, alway start bidding at 99p and make sure they end on a Sunday or Monday evening.

I paid 44 new for a more pedal and just sold it on the bay for 40 including postage. Decent picstures and a good description helps.