Why become a member? ×

TC Toneprint editor

rubis

I've spent a few hours with it and my Corona Chorus.

I love that you can get a fully functional flanger into the Corona, and I'm guessing a fully functional chorus into the Vortex, so you can have a pedal akin to the MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe for a fraction of the price.

But unless I want a flanger in there (which at the moment I don't), I won't use this because of a major flaw: you can't save what you create. You can't save it to a file in your computer, you can't even load what you have sent to your pedal before and improve on it. Every time you start the application, you start from scratch. This is apparently so that you can't edit artists' toneprints.

The workaround is to take screenshots of your settings every time before you exit the application. But since I spent hours with it and what I created was still not as good as a couple of artists' toneprints I've been using, and I can't improve on on what I did because after all those hours I took no screenshots (thought I could load it back from the pedal later, d'oh!) I won't bother much more (bar the flanger option).

At the moment I'm using Troy Sanders's toneprint and happy with it, hard to do better. Artists had more options too, what you get is a slightly simplified version with fewer options and a nice UI.

Edited by 1976fenderhead