Why become a member? ×

Finished!

MythSte

Im forever told that curiosity kills cats, but im not cat, so i figured the worst that could happen is that ill just have a slightly lighter wallet if all goes wrong!

Yes, ive ordered a mule bass. As a full time student, this seemed like the perfect oppertunity to get a custom bass at a price a summer job would cover, and so far, Bob has been brilliant at sorting out what i want.

That shape, with a wenge 24 fretted neck. Ive aquired a Custom basslines MM from a modulous (thanks tony, money will be on its way shortly!) and a J that are going to be used.
Figured sapele body, With a contrast veneer running through the centre to give a pinstripe effect round the edge.

Hopefully when i get it (septemberish) i shall be able to sing his praises and you will all have yet another option on great british basses!

Edited by ste_m3

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Thank you to CrazyKiwi for the nice comment.

To Thumb4bob, you can always contact me through basschat.

I've been checking in every now and again to check the build threads (I didn't even know Ste had posted this up until Robbie from RIM Basses sent me a message through Myspace)

I've got pictures of the build that I've been sending to Ste but I'm not sure if its ok to post them up (having read the forum rules) I'm just building basses for people as a hobby (and a bit of pocket money) nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ste_m3' post='43039' date='Aug 8 2007, 08:32 PM']I dont think it would be against forum policy to post pics of how its going (if it is let me know and ill remove them) but yes, otherwise here goes :)[/quote]

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't that the whole point of this section - we all like to see these builds progress and without the pictures there wouldn't be much to look at :huh:

Seriously it's looking cool - seems to be coming together pretty quick, how long has it been in production?

Bet you can't wait for her to be finished :huh:

EDIT - Just read the guidelines and the way I undersatnd it, the rules are there to stop 'manufacturers' posting about every build they undertake, as a BC member who is having a bass built my guess is you're more than welcome to post the progress of your particular build so I think you'll be fine :huh:

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='jwbassman' post='43087' date='Aug 8 2007, 10:41 PM']EDIT - Just read the guidelines and the way I undersatnd it, the rules are there to stop 'manufacturers' posting about every build they undertake, as a BC member who is having a bass built my guess is you're more than welcome to post the progress of your particular build so I think you'll be fine :)[/quote]
Indeed this is the case, unless by special arrangement with Ped.

That's looking sweet now it's all coming together.

I really like the upside down strat jack socket idea.

Bob's a great person - I was seriously considering a fretless from him until Simon at Gus made me an offer I'd have been stupid to refuse...

Looking forward to seeing how this build finishes up.

yaehh, He's been great so far, Sending me loads of pictures of mockups etc to see what would work best. totally sound guy.

As for the upside down strat input idea, Im forever forgetting to loop my lead through my strap with concequences! So this way its near impossible for me not too! Im aware it wont have the same tension if it where the other way, but i think itll do the job just fine.

Cant wait to get my mits on her!

Hi there,

Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know that my website is back online.

[url="http://www.freewebs.com/mule-basses/"]http://www.freewebs.com/mule-basses/[/url]

Its still under construction so please bear with me.

Thank you for the kind comments about the bass.

Regards,
Bob.

P.S To Thumb4Bob, yes it is a solid wenge neck (Seriously hard timber, gonna have to do some tool sharpening real soon!!!)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgPr4HVmz8s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgPr4HVmz8s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

can someone make that work? Bobs gone to the trouble of making a short video "tour" of the bass. Looks f'kin awsome.

what a guy!