Why become a member? ×

Fender Squier Silver Sold thanks!
£225

ash

I bought this for the neck but its such a nice bass I've decided not to part it out. It's an all original Silver Series era Precision from Japan, its in excellent condition bar a ding or two and some scratches to the paint. The pickup sounds really nice and the neck is slightly narrower at the nut than the JV or SQ series Precisions. Sold

Edited by ash

Played one of these (same colour actually) in the local Crack Converters last saturday. Played really nice (as nice as a p bass can with rounds anyway) but Mrs Pow made me put it down before i had chance to see the price tag.

... and I recently bought one on eBay. Like you, Ash, I was going to use it for a project, make a fretless or something, but straight out of the case it is one of the nicest P-Basses I have ever tried. Well, for what I want from a P-Bass, anyway. I like Jazz necks, this is almost Jazz-ly slender. It is under 9lbs. But the main thing I liked was the tone - woodier and deeper than any P-bass I have tried, including my MIJ Fender and a USA Standard I had long term. Lovely thing. I am almost tempted to get this one! Someone get it quickly before I do something silly!

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1366213495' post='2049707']
... and I recently bought one on eBay. Like you, Ash, I was going to use it for a project, make a fretless or something, but straight out of the case it is one of the nicest P-Basses I have ever tried. Well, for what I want from a P-Bass, anyway. I like Jazz necks, this is almost Jazz-ly slender. It is under 9lbs. But the main thing I liked was the tone - woodier and deeper than any P-bass I have tried, including my MIJ Fender and a USA Standard I had long term. Lovely thing. I am almost tempted to get this one! Someone get it quickly before I do something silly!
[/quote]

Yes I agree about the tone and the neck too, the only reason I'm selling is because I just got a Fender Bass VI - MIJ version - which has let a bit of a dent in my funds!