Why become a member? ×

The next national BassBash?

Rich

Can I safely assume that there isn't going to be another one this year?
What's the most likely month for next year's one? I want to try & make sure it doesn't clash with a gig YET AGAIN, 'cos I have missed all of them so far. Grrrr. :)

There probably will be one in September, we just need to make a decision on whether we use the same venue as last time given there wasn't enough space. If we don't use the same venue then we need to find another with as good or better access and parking.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='21960' date='Jun 22 2007, 03:39 PM']There probably will be one in September, we just need to make a decision on whether we use the same venue as last time given there wasn't enough space. If we don't use the same venue then we need to find another with as good or better access and parking.[/quote]

I'll have to disagree with you there CK, the issue wasn't the size really because we could have squeezed even more people and gear into the room. The issue is having more than 2 bass amps going at the same time. Unless we hire the NEC or Wembley, it'll never be a 'reasonable noise level' unless we have a set number of amps on or (as I said last time) everyone brings a headphone amp.

Also a quiet 20 min every hour would make a lot of sense.

I think the room last time was a little too cosy for comfort to be honest, but i do completely agree with the noise/headphone amp point. It would have been nice to have enough room for a few chairs to be scattered around, and make it a bit more of a social day, as well as just drooling over toys.
Maybe somewhere like Peterborough would be good, as they have excellent train links and plenty of possible venues.

Hi guys,

If I'm not mistaken, NAS has offered his exellent establishment for future bashes.
The recent Midlands BB was held there and I think that all that attended would agree that the venue was out of this world! It is located near Kidderminster so is fairly central.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=307&view=findpost&p=18902"]Midlands Bass Bash[/url]

Pete

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='22198' date='Jun 22 2007, 11:17 PM']the issue wasn't the size really because we could have squeezed even more people and gear into the room.[/quote]
Did you ask Ari why he set up outside? It wasn't the volume, it was the lack of wall space.

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='22198' date='Jun 22 2007, 11:17 PM']Also a quiet 20 min every hour would make a lot of sense.[/quote]
Nothing wrong with people keeping a lid on the volume I guess but no excuses for not bringing earplugs either. Lets keep a perspective on this, Bass Bashes are not the place to be if you aren't prepared to put up with a lot of low frequencies at fairly loud volumes for extended periods of time.