Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Darkglass B3K - Trades for MXR M87
£170

SkinnyMike

This beast isn't currenty not getting enough love on my pedal board as I have found the sweet spot for grit on my Orange amp.
It's in good condition, has velcro on the bottom and has been on my pedal board since I got it. Comes with packaging/papers etc..

I am really after a compressor and the MXR looks like the winner. So if anyone has one I would do a straight swap for it.
If not, £170 posted.

Best,

Mike.

[url="http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/mike_woodhouse89/media/pedals1_zps115367ab.jpg.html"][/url]

(More pics on request)

Edited by SkinnyMike

[sup]dude, dont suppose you could comment on how the od and eq compares against the Para Driver could you? i have been sniffing around one of these or the B7K but struggle to test them out anywhere. I have a Para Driver already you see. This grinds up quite nicely but im really interested in how clean these things leave your original signal whilst adding the filth! [/sup]

[sup]Nice one. [/sup]

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1366041666' post='2047627']
[sup]dude, dont suppose you could comment on how the od and eq compares against the Para Driver could you? i have been sniffing around one of these or the B7K but struggle to test them out anywhere. I have a Para Driver already you see. This grinds up quite nicely but im really interested in how clean these things leave your original signal whilst adding the filth! [/sup]

[sup]Nice one. [/sup]
[/quote]

Sure man, I've always found the dirt on the B3K to be much more aggressive and cuts through the mix without tweaking far easier than the paradriver. Although the paradriver is a great OD in it's own right, once you compare it with something like the B3K in a live situation, there's no competition. I've actually completely sacked off the drive section on my paradriver (as you can see in the photo because I preferred the aggressiveness that the B3 had)

On the other hand, for recording I go the opposite! The B3k is almost too aggressive straight out the box so this is where my paradriver's drive comes into play a bit as it can replicate my Orange tube sound quite well. Although it's not the same (let's face it, you never can find THAT illustrious tube sound without an actual tube amp) it's close and if you want a much softer, warmer driven tone, the paradriver can give you that very well.

Hope that helps mate.