Why become a member? ×

Steinberger XM2 Headless bass serial N6237
£850

Ratbass

This is a US Steinberger headless bass mid 1980s I think.
Wood body and graphite neck. All is as it should be on this great bass.
It is in very good condition with only a few surface scratches. There is one place on the back where some of the lacquer has worn off from playing with a belt on! (See picture but it is very small).
I have owned this guitar for 16 years and am only reluctantly selling it.
It plays well with the usual great Steinberger sound and tone variation. I actually prefer lowering the tuning to DGCF which it can handle brilliantly.
The original Steinberger gig bag needs a new zip and is quite dusty but it has been doing its job protecting the bass.
There is also a set of new double ball end
£850 ono

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steinberger-Bass-/200908111913?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Wl7V%252FTmX8vdIjUVs9BG4wH08bKs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_348wt_1130"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steinberger-Bass-/200908111913?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Wl7V%252FTmX8vdIjUVs9BG4wH08bKs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_348wt_1130[/url]

It had 11 bids and sold for £770...

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1364838154' post='2031525']
Relisted - reading between the lines, it was won by a dodgy Nigerian.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ratbass' timestamp='1364849190' post='2031790']
Well done bass detectives! Yes to all...
[/quote]
That sounds somewhat disturbing for those of us who sometimes use ebay. Perhaps you could disclose the full ID of : [u][color="#0000ff"]p***s[/color][/u]( [url=""]27[/url]) so we could add to our blocked bidders list. Wasn't there a viable 2nd-chance offer/option?

I've not had an NPB for a while, TF. But having to go through the rigmarole with ebay to claw their final value fees back is a bind. I'm a great believer that NPBs should be bounced right away and their IP address logged for future reference.

Ratbass, how did you know the original winner wasn't prepared to pay up? Or were there other criteria that made you relist the Steiny?

Nothing wrong with the final bidder - genuine mix up.
Did offer second chance but second bidder wanted hundreds lower than his final offer- so said no.
The dodgy bit came from offers to buy and ship to African countries had very 'good' prices from Africa, Japan and US. That's why buy it now price is why it is.
Open to sensible offers outside eBay but I'm not sending without payment!!

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1364892087' post='2032154']
I've not had an NPB for a while, TF. But having to go through the rigmarole with ebay to claw their final value fees back is a bind. I'm a great believer that NPBs should be bounced right away and their IP address logged for future reference.
[/quote]

I had an NPB a few weeks ago - the stupid thing is that it was for a sound card for a Roland U110/U220 for a tenner or so, so he's got an NPB strike against him for the sake of a tenner for a card that will cost him that much off anyone on ebay.