Why become a member? ×

Play up Pompey Music

JamesBass

Can I ask everyone who gigs in Portsmouth or who go to gigs in Portsmouth to check out this page on Facebook and help not only support the music scene but also the club! Even if you don't like Football or are a Southampton fan ;) Come along to events and support the local bands and listen to some great music!

Thanks everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/PlayUpPompeyMusic?fref=ts

If you're a Saints fan then surely you want to see us survive and on a level footing with all the criminal owners long gone, even if it's just so we can meet each other in the cup and get hammered by your lot! Dingus I understand your sentiments and I actually agree, however the club are trying to be taken over by the supporters who won't run it badly, that's why we got in to the mess we were in! I personally intend to underwrite all previous ownership and results of the last 10 years as it's been a farce! The club shouldn't have been subjected to such blatant and awful mismanagement! The fans and the city shouldn't be punished for the owners running the place we had no say in it! Let's not only help the club but most importantly for me the music scene of Pompey!

I've been watching Pompey for over 40 years and it is so sad to see gradually get asset stripped over the years. Personally I think they should liquidate the club to get rid of the debts and start again and do it all correctly, ground wise and academy wise with the fans owning it until someone can invest some money to then share ownership with the fans.

Music scene used to be good in Pompey many years ago but I think it is picking back up again.

[quote name='yepmop' timestamp='1364516675' post='2027725']
I've been watching Pompey for over 40 years and it is so sad to see gradually get asset stripped over the years. Personally I think they should liquidate the club to get rid of the debts and start again and do it all correctly, ground wise and academy wise with the fans owning it until someone can invest some money to then share ownership with the fans.

Music scene used to be good in Pompey many years ago but I think it is picking back up again.
[/quote]

Like so many clubs , the fans have been betrayed by people in charge of the club who either don't know what they're doing and / or don't care about the long- term results of their actions . When you look at what has happened to massive clubs like Glasgow Rangers and Leeds United then you cannot help but fear for the future of a club the size of Potsmouth , which j despite its' fantastic fan base has never really been one of the big boys in the modern era . The good news is that , because of those loyal and passionate fans , a club like Portsmouth will always bounce back in one form or another eventually .