Why become a member? ×

Horn Section required for Soul, Motown, R'n'B and Funk covers band

TheButler

Hi folks,

Not sure that i'd find many people on here, but maybe someone might know of some perhaps. I'm in a 5-piece Soul, Motown, R'n'B and Funk covers band. We're looking to add a horn section to our current line-up.

At the moment we're trying to expand our repetoire, improve the authenticity of our sound and secure representation from a national agency - adding a horn section will allow us to do this!

Between us we've played 1000's of gigs; in every corner of the UK. We've done the originals band thing and some of us had modest success. However, now we're looking to run a function band as a business. As such, a moderate level of commitment and availability is required. At the moment we are quite busy with weddings, birthdays and bookings in some reputable pubs. We're wanting to expand this and bring in higher quantity and quality gigs.

Get in touch if you're a brass player and fancy making some good dough.

There's the spiel. It seems quite tricky to get brass players though, or maybe I just ain't looking in the right places. Brasschat perhaps?

Should note we're in West Lothian/Edinburgh.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1364238122' post='2023694']
Can be expensive..we were quoted £350 per gig minimum for a two man section on a saturday.
[/quote]

I'd say that's cheap for an up to speed drop in horn section. Our horn guys are a £400 plus travelling...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1364243072' post='2023764']
I'd say that's cheap for an up to speed drop in horn section. Our horn guys are a £400 plus travelling...
[/quote]

They are local, mates, and we have the charts already. It is cheap as they can earn that each otherwise