Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 300

Golder7

Hey everyone, i have recently come by this amp head, it is a wonderful sounding piece of equipment but as i already have my rig its surplus unfortunately!

Now i am not very good with technical stuff, but i do know that its a valve-hybrid, meaning it uses two valves on the preamp and uses a solid state output... brilliant!!! warm valve sound every time! It is 280Watts RMS into 4Ohms. Has seperate jack sockets for passive/active basses, x2 jacks for speakers, effects loop + tuner out. The best thing i have found with this amp is the Gain control, you can have a real nice tone and then really drive those tubes and get a dirty raw sound as well.

Ok, now down to business im based in Brighton firstly and am looking for £350 for the head, its quite rare and sounds amazing so i think £350 is a good price. I have uploaded a couple of pics, if you want any more info/pics please just ask :)

And one last thing, it weighs a LOT! so if you wanted it to be shipped it would cost a fair amount, if you are happy to pay it im happy to send it :huh:

Thanks!
Steve
[attachment=9041:DSC00109__Large_.JPG][attachment=9042:DSC00110__Large_.JPG][attachment=9043:DSC0011
1__Large_.JPG][attachment=9044:DSC00112__Large_.JPG]

people are probably aware of how much you paid for it, which might put people off, seems like a good price to me, if i was the the market to be buying a head this is one i would go for!

More info...

The (original) all-valve V-Type head was 25kg, according to the TE manual the 1x15 combo was 30kg. I reckon this is about 18-20kg max but really don't remember feeling it was that heavy when I owned one!

• 2 weeks later...