Why become a member? ×

Balancing a setlist

SpaceChick

That was brill, Debs! Congrats!

One thing I don't understand, however, is why you feel the need to lie. I mean: no chance in Hull that any band can play or rehearse that set with only two guitar players instead of three.
Something does not add up, girl.
:lol: ;) :ph34r:

Best of luck!
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1363888117' post='2019011']
That was brill, Debs! Congrats!

One thing I don't understand, however, is why you feel the need to lie. I mean: no chance in Hull that any band can play or rehearse that set with only two guitar players instead of three.
Something does not add up, girl.
:lol: ;) :ph34r:

Best of luck!
bert
[/quote]

Damn you've caught me out :P ;)

Honestly though after he went home with his tail between his legs, we played the set, it was tighter than it had been in ages and we honestly didn't miss him AT ALL!

Been talking about it all with OH tonight, he's of a mind that I should do the charity gigs then bow out before they start working on the second set, but help them recruit a new bassist.

I am definitely more excited about my new band and the challenge musically for me. Although OH did have a strop with me when I said the new basslines are more challenging and he said "You are trying to tell me that Phil Lynnott is better than Jack Bruce or Paul McCartney".... I told him that they were all great bassists, but I was enjoying the challenge that the new Thin Lizzy tracks were giving me! He did have to chose the bassists from my old bands set that I do enjoy playing though, I love playing Badge and Dear Prudence!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1363882955' post='2018907']
Old lot - stuff like Sweet Home Chicago (and some other 12 bar blues), [u][b]Dear Prudence[/b][/u], Knocking on Heavens door, another brick in the wall.

New lot - Thin Lizzy stuff (Rosalie, don't believe a word), judas priest, iron maiden, zz top.... Harder rock than I'd normally listen to but it is sooooo much fun to play!!

Thanks for all the congratulations!

I am still chuffed to bits today!

God I live being a bassist!! :D
[/quote]

Probably one of the greatest under-rated basslines...