Why become a member? ×

March Mix Competition - Its Voting Time Again!!!!

51m0n

Well done guys , I spent loads of time on fiddly bits on the guitars and intro 'smoothing out ' some of the jaunty bits and similarly knocked a lot of the low end from the acoustic . I read about the sine wave kick drum technique in the book I am reading currently , but have yet to get it in practice . I was relatively pleased with a lot of mine , but the vocal wasn't quite right tonally, I voted for yours Si as it happens :D

[quote name='moonbass' timestamp='1365072040' post='2034788']
Well, thanks all for this great honour. Do I get a trophy? Seriously enjoyed working on this, and I’m still learning loads by listening to other mixes and hearing how everyone achieved them....[/quote]

Well done mate and cheers for the insight into how you put your mix together! Very useful to hear - and some clever stuff going on, especially how you approcahed the drums.

You got my vote for the drum work - I was amazed at how you'd managed it, so cheers for sharing your trade secrets ;) That's what this is all about!

Cheers :drinks:

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1365583161' post='2041243']
Nice effort Ironside,

Never fear heres always the next one, hope you dig on Country and Western though :D
[/quote]

Thank you.
This is my first mix on just headphones (DT880s) I would value your opinion on the tonal balance and how the mix translates.
I like Aprils mix choice. It is quite easy to get a good sound but even easer to run it.
One hour working out of your comfort zone is worth 100 hours of sticking to what you know in terms of music education

Edited by ironside1966

I couldnt be 100% sure listening at work (my cans here are ancient and really show signs of the wear and tear they've had being perched on my bonce 8 hrs a day 5 days a week for 9 years!

I'll try and get a chance to listen on something better as soon as I can...