Why become a member? ×

Traded
£1250

mikhay77

These are as rare as hens teeth. I remember back in the 80's that Alembic themselves rated the woodworking on the Fernandes copies as "breathtaking" - however they rated the electronics as a pale imitation of their own.

Well worth a punt, but the buyer should not expect Alembic quality sonics.

The build is bob on,all the laminates are great. I have heard the "rumour" about the sound but yet to have some one who has A/Bd them. Any series owners around lincoln willing to compare ( Basses,lol ) Would be interesting? The Q filters really are tonally amazing. Totally different from any of my other active basses. Almost wah pedal like? And the piano style highs when Qs fully on!!!! The sustain is fantastic with the large brass sustainer block under the bridge too.Mind you if the sound was nailed then why would you buy an Alembic? Or is it nailed?

[quote name='mikhay77' timestamp='1362917572' post='2006115']
Mind you if the sound was nailed then why would you buy an Alembic?
[/quote]
For the badge!

Seriously, it would be good to compare with an SI.

The woodworking looks fantastic!

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1362919846' post='2006145']
For the badge!

Seriously, it would be good to compare with an SI.

The woodworking looks fantastic!
[/quote]
Ha ha,yeh brass is expensive now! Interesting logo facts I read somewhere once. Or did I dream it?
[attachment=129549:alembic_logo.jpg]

[quote name='mikhay77' timestamp='1362917572' post='2006115']
The build is bob on,all the laminates are great. I have heard the "rumour" about the sound but yet to have some one who has A/Bd them. Any series owners around lincoln willing to compare ( Basses,lol ) Would be interesting? The Q filters really are tonally amazing. Totally different from any of my other active basses. Almost wah pedal like? And the piano style highs when Qs fully on!!!! The sustain is fantastic with the large brass sustainer block under the bridge too.Mind you if the sound was nailed then why would you buy an Alembic? Or is it nailed?
[/quote]
Funnily enough a buddy of mine owned a Fernandes copy just like this one, before upgrading to the real deal; a series 1. He rated the Fernandes very highly indeed, but stated that although the woodworking was certainly just as good the sound was not quite there.

He did state however that the Fernandes blew his Jaydee supernatural out of the ball park!