Why become a member? ×

Promethean P3115

tattoodevil76

Just bought my first amp :) - an Ibanez Promethean P3115. It looks like it'll do the job while I'm learning and getting out for some small gigs. Just one question- I've read quite a lot on the net about removing the tweeter and porting the cab in it's place. Is this worth doing or shall I see how I get on with it for a while first?

Hi Steve,

Seeing as the head has a treble knob and your bass probably has one as well, I think the last thing you should do right now is opening the cab and putting in an extra port. All that work for what? Getting a little less treble?
If you really need to try this: How about just putting some "test foam" in front of the tweeter to try out the sound with and without foam?

Edit:
Or is it really about the frequency response of the rest of the spectrum? Do these sites state what the difference will be? Personally I have a hard time imagining that the changes would be so essential, as this basically is a very nice cheapish combo.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor