Why become a member? ×

Another "what should I buy?" thread

basskit_case

Hello All,

I have spent the first few years of my bass life playing with myself ( :blush: ) or at a friends house with guitar and drums, however I might now be venturing toward playing live so I really need a new rig.

I am looking for something that is not too heavyweight and quite small in stature, but loud enough for playing live and also with the facility for home practice, headphone out and aux in.

I tried the Ibanez P3115 over the weekend at first loud rehearsal, but it it seemed to struggle to keep up, so that has gone back.

I am currently deciding between:

Ashdown MiBass 550 with Ashdown Mi12 cab

or

TC Electronic BH500 with RS112 cab.

I know that in this setup neither amp will give me full power, but if this set up is not sufficient I have the option to add a cab and increase output.

Would these seem like a viable option, or would you recommend something else?

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1362047241' post='1994856']
I'd be looking in the For Sale section.

There is Hartke, SWR, TC and Markbass (and Bergantino!) and that's just the first page.
[/quote]

I know what you saying and it does make sense, but if I buy new and from a shop I at least get seven days to see if the set-up suits and can return for a refund.