Why become a member? ×

Alesis Nanobass Now sold

deepbass5

Good question Pete; that was on my mind too..

The Nanobass seems like a great unit, but I'm not quite sure how to use it, other than in a home studio set-up for example.

But if it could be triggered by a B2M, that would be fantastic!

I have one of these, it has some fantastic sounds in it.

I also have a B2M, the combination of the two is not great as I find the tracking on the B2M very slow. This is however no fault of the Nanobass.

Good luck with the sale

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1362559636' post='2001177']
Now you tell me :( Though i was gonna change the world of bass playing as we know it
[/quote]

On the bright side, there's a thread on talkbass where at least one guy talks about how to get better tracking out of it. AFAICR this involves feeding it the simplest signal possible, boost the bass, remove the treble, can't remember any more.

Perhaps with lots of tweaking the B2M may track better?

In my experience, I found its latency a problem.

The Nanobass is great for a bit keyboard bass though, someone must fancy a bit of that? Some of the sub bass patches are awesome!

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1362565079' post='2001289']
On the bright side, there's a thread on talkbass where at least one guy talks about how to get better tracking out of it. AFAICR this involves feeding it the simplest signal possible, boost the bass, remove the treble, can't remember any more.
[/quote]

Found it: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/purchased-sonuus-b2m-bass-midi-interface-642609/

Might have another go with it later and see if the above tips help.

Tried it with the above tips, and yes it tracks much better.

Still not perfect, but better. Its ever so easy to get lots of double notes and octaves jumping about all over that place.

Still, its reminded me how cool the Nanobass is, plenty of great synth sounds in there.

Someone needs to buy this.

Apologies for the slight hijack of the thread, but consider it several free bumps!

Edited by NoirBass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...