Why become a member? ×

Power Amp Suggestions Please

KennysFord

Hey Folks,
I used my trusty old Yamaha BBT500H head last night at rehearsal.
It was the first time I used it with my Thumb Bass and 8x10 cab and I was pretty blown away with the tone. I've always loved this little head and I've never really found anything that compares with the tone of it....subjective I know but it just lacks a bit of balls at 4 ohms.

I'm wondering if there are any lightweight, rackable, bridgeable and doesn't cost the earth-able power amps out there that don't add any colour to the sound that I could run with the Yamaha.
I would be very grateful for some suggestions I could research to see if it's viable.
Thanks in advance.
B)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1361622397' post='1988382']
[url="http://www.soundindustry.co.uk/acatalog/W-Audio-1100W-1U-Amplifier-Horizon1100-AMP43.html"]http://www.soundindu...1100-AMP43.html[/url]
[/quote]

Not sure these are still available. This one says 'catalogue suspended.

I'd be looking at the Peavey IPR1600.

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1361620528' post='1988349']
Hey Folks,
I used my trusty old Yamaha BBT500H head last night at rehearsal.
It was the first time I used it with my Thumb Bass and 8x10 cab and I was pretty blown away with the tone. I've always loved this little head and I've never really found anything that compares with the tone of it....subjective I know but it just lacks a bit of balls at 4 ohms.

I'm wondering if there are any lightweight, rackable, bridgeable and doesn't cost the earth-able power amps out there that don't add any colour to the sound that I could run with the Yamaha.
I would be very grateful for some suggestions I could research to see if it's viable.
Thanks in advance.
B)
[/quote]

So are you saying that you've run it into nominal 8 ohm cab(s) and it sounded better ?

Hi Morris,
Sorry Bud, what I meant was that it doesn't have enough power. It's 125 watts @ 8 ohms and 250 @ 4 ohms.
It's just lacking in overall output with my both my speaker setups.
Cheers.