Why become a member? ×

FS Alleva Coppolo LM5

MURT

For sale is my Alleva Coppolo LM5, trans red, Ash/Birdseye Maple, badass bridge & modern tuners factory installed, AC pickups and preamp!

Great sounding and playing bass. I prefer a rosewood board and this bass is too good to only get used as often as I get to.

Sale price €2900 (£2600ish?) plus shipping from Ireland.
including an INCASE gig bag!

Possible trade for the right rosewood/ morado board sadowsky PJ or JJ - 5 string only. But a sale is my preference and I've a particular one in mind :)

[color=#000000][font=Times]This bass has excellent action and playability and a monster slap tone.
[font=Arial]Specs:[/font]
[font=Arial]- Ash Body in Trans Red/Burgundy[/font]
[font=Arial]- Maple neck with Birdseye Maple Fretboard[/font]
[font=Arial]- Bad Ass Bridge (factory installed)[/font]
[font=Arial]- Modern shape tuners (factory installed)[/font]
[font=Arial]- Alleva Coppolo Pickups with 70's spacing[/font]
[font=Arial]- Alleva Coppolo 2 band onboard Preamp[/font]
[font=Arial]- Pearl Pickguard[/font]
[font=Arial]- Serial No. B50014[/font]
[font=Arial]-[/font][font=Arial]10lb exact in weight. [/font]

[font=Arial]Condition:[/font]
[font=Arial]I have gigged this bass quite a bit and have tried to keep it in the best condition possible. I want to be honest with the marks it has gathered. None serious though. There are some points of player wear on the back of the body which havent broken the finish. Also a few small dings on the top of the headstock. Ive tried to include both of these in the pics. There is a scratch on the front of the body directly above the bridge pickup near the top edge about 1 inch long that could be buffed out. Tuners have small amount of scuffing from use. The main mark was on the bass when i bought it. It is under the neck along the fretboard - see pic - and has been fixed pretty well. Ive never felt it while playing but on close inspection there is a difference in finish. there are no other marks or dings on the neck whatsoever. [/font][font=Arial]I am the second owner, as far as i know the previous owner dealt with Jimmy directly.[/font]

[font=Arial]I bought this used but in great condition and tried to keep it that way over the years. I can send better pics of any blemishes if i can get them as these are hard to pic up on camera. I tried my best with my camera.[/font]
[font=Arial]It seems to be a low production number which has led me to believe it is one of Jimmys NYC made basses if that makes any difference to the bidder.[/font]
[font=Arial]Also included is an Incase gigbag. [/font]

[font=Arial]Fresh strings and a setup was just done this week.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]These are very rare on the used market, so grab a chance to get a great bass made by a highly respected builder, used and in good condition[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]I am based in Ireland so shipping costs may be slightly higher than normal uk costs. [/font][/font][/color]

Edited by MURT

[quote name='thehook77' timestamp='1361466123' post='1986162']
Oh look out, here come the bass chat police!!
[/quote]

Hang on, everyone else here abides by the rules. If you don't agree with the rules or you think that this forum is too heavily moderated then take your extremely unhelpful and childish attitude somewhere else.

Thanks

Alex

[quote name='thehook77' timestamp='1361470116' post='1986258']
It's childish keep making pathetic comments like that , just leave the dude alone to sell his bass, which is beautiful btw, loads of people put links to eBay for more info, you need to get out more or get laid
[/quote]

Childish? What, like the entire tone of your post and that ridiculous crap at the end of it? Rules are rules.

[quote name='thehook77' timestamp='1361470116' post='1986258']
It's childish keep making pathetic comments like that , just leave the dude alone to sell his bass, which is beautiful btw, loads of people put links to eBay for more info, you need to get out more or get laid
[/quote]

Oh, ok.

[quote name='thehook77' timestamp='1361471474' post='1986307']
Rules are rules, it was only meant to be a bit of fun and I am sorry if you don't appreciate it. Apologies to murk , rest of you can take a running jump
[/quote]

Great, just what a forum needs. Another person who thinks it's ok to break the, very few, rules we have here and that it's fine to insult people at the same time. . .

[quote name='thehook77' timestamp='1361471474' post='1986307']
Rules are rules, it was only meant to be a bit of fun and I am sorry if you don't appreciate it. Apologies to murk , rest of you can take a running jump
[/quote]Hi there and welcome to Basschat. Europes leading bass player forum. Somehow, we have managed to be on-line for nearly 8 years? We are a very cool site, with much knowledge and some sharp banter. Please enjoy your stay and get into somekind of groove with all concerned.
Steve.

Sorry guys, my bad. I'm new and it's my first post. I did flick through the rules section but it's a fair bit of info and must have missed the eBay thing. Bassist not a Solicitor :)!
I've seen posts with links to photobucket! Is that the done thing?
I run the Bassists Ireland facebook page and its annoying when people post stuff they shouldn't.
Apologies for upsetting anyone. I've edited the post above.

PS it is a beautiful bass.....

Edited by MURT

[quote name='MURT' timestamp='1361673819' post='1989210']
Price change - I got my exchange rate a bit out before I think. €2900 so whatever that is in pounds.
[/quote]

On today's exchange rate it's about £2,525 theoretically. Cost of buying currency would nudge it up though.